This job is archived
Our Animal Health Marketing team takes a customer centric perspective using customer feedback and market intelligence data. Using this data, we design, develop and deploy products, platforms, brands and marketing initiatives that ensure we can improve the health and well-being of animals everywhere.
The Marketing Associate Specialist will collaborate with the marketing team to develop and deliver against the annual tactical plan which includes but is not limited to development and deployment of new and existing marketing campaigns, as well supporting field requests fulfilled by the marketing team. Additionally, this role will be the primary point person for execution of major conventions for the livestock team. This role will work with the brand managers supporting both animal health and intelligence products. The Marketing Associate Specialist will help coordinate with various marketing tasks. These tasks will include market research, evaluating current trends. Create, proofread, and edit and copy for various marketing channels to ensure a consistent voice in marketing. The position of Marketing Associate Specialist will work with vendors, manage various registrations, order marketing collateral. Other duties will include creating surveys, questionnaires, and other tolls to measure marketing impact.
• Collaborate with our marketing team to develop content.
• Provide Support to marketing department.
• Work with the Marketing team to manage brand and marketing initiatives.
• Perform market and client research.
• Create reports on marketing performance.
• Assist with social media and website content.
• Direct graphic designer in resource development for extra promotional materials.
• Interact with agency partners on tactic development.
• Submit tactics into Veeva Promomats and manage approvals.
• Liaison to the field sales team for promotional needs.
• Update promotional content to sales force sharing platforms.
• Manage approved sponsorships.
• Develop and execute conventions plan for our company's Animal Health inclusive of the biopharma and Animal Health Intelligence business.
• Manage yearly conventions budget.
• Demonstrate ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines.
• Good understanding of office management and marketing principles.
KPIs: • Providing marketing support for the department. Ensuring timely deadlines are met with regards to marketing activities.
• Internally – Marketing Director, Brand Manager,
• Externally – Sales force, Vendors
• Working inside and office
• Inclement weather
• Occasional lifting of up to 50lbs
• Standing for some extended periods
• Travel expectations up to 5%
Interaction and liaison with:
• Local and Global Management within our company's Animal Health / Animal Health Intelligence, as well as, Channel Team, Livestock Team.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Animal Science, or equivalent
• Proficient in MS Office
• Strong attention to detail
• Robust communication and organizational skills
• Able to work alone and as a part of a team with minimal supervision
• Previous marketing experience
• Technology product management experience
• Excellent time management skills
• Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Understanding of basic business and marketing concepts
• Familiarity with social media, social networking, email marketing and search engines
• Foster Collaboration
• Focus on the Customer
• Working across boundaries
• Productive Communication
• Project Management
Core Commercial Functional Competencies:
• Market Access
• Customer Engagement
Sub-Functional Commercial Competencies:• Due Diligence
Our Animal Health Division is a trusted global leader in veterinary medicine, dedicated to preserving and improving health, well-being, and performance of animals and the people who care for them. We are a global team of professionals working together to make a positive difference in animal care and the world’s food supply and have a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and our planet.
Through our commitment to The Science of Healthier Animals®, we offer veterinarians, farmers, pet owners and governments one of the widest ranges of veterinary pharmaceuticals, vaccines and health management solutions and services as well as an extensive suite of digitally connected identification, traceability and monitoring products. We invest in dynamic and comprehensive R&D resources and a modern, global supply chain. We are present in more than 50 countries, while our products are available in some 150 markets.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Residents of Colorado
Click here to request this role’s pay range.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:Yes
Number of Openings:1