This job is archived
The Future Talent Program features internships that lasts up to 12 weeks and will include one or more projects. These opportunities in our Animal Health can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
The job scope and primary focus for this position is to actively support the regional sales and marketing strategy across the regions and territories via coordination and execution of sales support and marketing activities including:
• Support and service MAH product portfolio.
• Logistical support for marketing activities.
• Participate in field based events (trade show support; customers education regarding the features and benefits of MAH products and services).
• Ensure clear, concise and timely communication and also problem identification with Sales, Marketing and Tech Services.
Require Education, Experience and Skills:
• Candidates must be currently in the process of earning a BA or BS in Animal Science, Agribusiness, Veterinary School, Animal Health, Business, Marketing, Communications or related degree programs• Candidates must have completed at least 2 years of college course work by June 2021
• Candidates must be available to work full time for 6 months
• Candidates must have critical thinking skills to carry out instructions and make decisions within scope of authority
• Candidates must be able to use problem solving skills involving several variables
• Candidates must have the ability to follow policies and procedures and be an active member of a team
• Candidates must be proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, especially PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
• Candidates must have excellent English communication skills, oral and written.
• Candidates must have the ability to adapt communication to international audiences
• Candidates must be positive attitude and a strong work ethic
Preferred Experience and Skills:
• Preferred candidates have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
Our Animal Health division is a global leader in veterinary medicine and digital solutions dedicated to the health and well-being of animals and the people who care for them. We are a global team of professionals working together to make a positive difference in animal health and well-being and supporting a safe food supply. Through our commitment to the Science of Healthier Animals®, we offer one of our industry’s most innovative portfolio of pharmaceuticals, vaccines and digital health management solutions including traceability and monitoring products that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
FTP2021 MAH2021 #AH202
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Employee Status:Intern/Co-op (Fixed Term)
Flexible Work Arrangements:Not Specified
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:1