This job is archived
Our Animal Health division is a trusted global leader in veterinary medicine, dedicated to the health and well-being of animals. We are a global team of professionals working together to make a positive difference in animal care and the world’s food supply and have a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society and our planet. We offer one of our industry’s most innovative portfolio of products, services and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species.
An amazing opportunity has arisen for Global Marketing Lead Livestock Intelligence in our Animal Health Intelligence business unit. In this role, you will be a part of the Leadership Team and report to the VP of the business unit. You will have 3 direct reports and 19 indirect reports currently located in Israel, Italy and the USA.
What will you do?
Bring your knowledge and innovation to succeed in the following areas:
- Product Strategy and Planning
- Manage the product marketing strategy plan for our products
- Manage the species New Product Introduction process from development to commercial readiness
- Build marketing launch strategy and readiness plan for global launch
- Marketing Operations:
- Drive the development of strategic and operational marketing plans in collaboration with R&D Product Managers and regional marketing managers.
- Manage our marketing digitalization strategy
- Supervise the marketing automation strategy development and implementation in collaboration with Commercial Operation teams and IT
- Marketing Campaigns & Other Activities
- Through cross functional collaboration an understanding of the identification, Milking and Monitoring environment and industry compliance requirements, develop, present, deliver, monitor and manage customer centric product marketing campaigns leveraging all possible marketing promotional tactics, with a strong emphasis on sales force tactics and digital marketing
- Market Intelligence
- Identify, commission, evaluate and interpret market intelligence from a range of sources, including sales force and customer feedback, market research, publications, conferences and industry contacts to ensure that knowledge is up to date and to inform debate and decision making
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the relevant Animal Health business, the (Region) market and competitors
- Customer Care
- Manage all training and customer support activities related to customers, resellers and company employees
- Planning, scheduling and monitoring the quality and efficiency of the training and customer support activities.
- Manage cross- organisational customer experience projects
- Global Sales Operations
- Establish general pricing strategy and framework in close cooperation with the senior leadership to influence across functions, facilitate discussions and executions in a matrix organization ensuring all relevant stakeholder input to maximize results.
- Ecommerce Platform management providing the proper set of information for all business activities
- Accountability for Business Intelligence and Data Analytics
- Strategy Development
- Developing and representing the strategy within the various governing bodies and across various stakeholders
- Determine, align and implement the 5-10 year strategic direction for the animal intelligence part of Ruminants, Swine and Poultry
- Guide R&D Technology Labs to establish which R&D projects should be developed and prioritized.
- Life Cycle Management of the Livestock portfolio of products
What skills you will need?
In order to excel in this role, you will more than likely have:
- Significant depth of experience in marketing
- Experience in a global or regional role, both managing global teams and influencing in the global setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to foster and continually maintain a strong team environment across geographies
- Excellent leadership skills
- Ability to nurture talent and succeed through others
- English as primary or very strong second language, other languages (Spanish, German, French or Portuguese) advantageous
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:1