This job is archived
The U.S. Sales Trainer is an integral member of the U.S Commercial Learning & Development (L&D) team. This position is responsible for supporting the U.S. Sales training needs. This role will be dynamic in nature supporting both field force hiring projections as well general training support across US Operations. Delivering account management, account planning and business planning trainings are core to this position. Content and learning solutions will include the following: instructor-led, e-learning, webinars, video, job aids, facilitator guides and resource landing pages. He/she will also collaborate with external vendors and internal or field-based subject matter experts, as necessary, to design and deliver select portions of the training program/curriculum.
- Work and meet with L&D stakeholders at a regular cadence to deliver training programs for colleagues across all of U.S. Operations
- The lead for Account Management Training.
- Partner with existing Learning & Development and Sales leadership to ensure that content is appropriate and up to date and to deliver account planning and account management resources and training.
- Support the cross-curriculum business training needs as they continue to evolve.
- Leverage a variety of sources to identify appropriate learning solutions as needed, including vendors, field and internal subject matter experts and industry best practices
- Facilitate and certify in key portions of program curricula as needed to deliver training (i.e. Situational Leadership, Emotional Intelligence, Zoetis Sales Foundations and Crucial Conversations etc).
- Partner with stakeholders to identify appropriate field-based and internal facilitators as well as outside subject matter experts to develop and deliver function specific and/or technical portions of the various training programs, as needed.
- Schedule and coordinate train-the-trainer sessions for all internal and outside facilitators and speakers
- Budget, schedule, coordinate and host all instructor-led, live virtual and self-directed learning events
- Collect feedback on program effectiveness and update content to ensure appropriate return on investment
- Support as field subject matter expert across various sales tool roll outs and enhancements.
Provide the primary groups or key positions that this position will have interaction with as a regular part of the position responsibilities. Include any external interactions as appropriate.
- Sales & Sales Leadership
- Human Resources
- Learning and Development
- Business Operations
- External Vendors
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
•College Degree (BS, BA, or related degree); Master’s degree preferred
•Minimum of 5-7 years’ sales experience or sales training experience (animal health, human pharmaceuticals, or life science industry experience preferred).
•Account Planning, Business Planning, Situational Leadership, Crucial Conversations, Emotional Intelligence knowledge is a plus.
•Minimum of 3-5 years of B2B Sales, Account Management, and Business Planning.
•Direct (people) management experience, preferably in sales, is a plus
•Ideal candidate will also have experience in the following: management development, sales training, group facilitation, and learning delivery
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
•Ability to think strategically and manage multiple assignments in a deadline-driven environment
•Highly organized and strong detail-orientation
•Experience supporting and collaborating with senior leadership
•Ability to coordinate complex and interrelated projects
•Strong sense of urgency and desire to achieve objectives
•Exceptional communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills interacting with all levels of an organization
• Strong presentation skills and facilitations skills
•Ability to create learning journeys by sales role across multiple species.
•Proven ability to interact with team members and stakeholders in a problem-solving, constructive manner
•Ability to collaborate, adapt and follow up
•Highly effective at influencing without authority
•Very strong business acumen and change agility
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
Note the physical conditions in which work will be performed, if applicable to the position. Examples: ability to travel, drive, unusual attendance requirements, weekend work or travel requirements, location of the position, … etc.
This role resides in Parsippany, NJ or remote. Overnight travel requirement for Parsippany, NJ based candidate is 25% - 30%. Travel requirement for remote candidate is 35% – 50%Full timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.