Sr. UX/UI Design Specialist
Nestle Purina PetCare
Imagine being a designer of a national, billion-dollar brand – designing the look, tone and functionality of digital environments – and having the ability to impact the end user. As a Senior UX/UI Design Specialist you are a part of CheckMark, a unique mix of talented and passionate individuals that enjoy the excitement of agency life with all the great benefits of a big company!
You demonstrate expert understanding of the UX landscape, a love for product design and the ability to provide UX/UI design leadership when building products within digital environments like .coms, apps, responsive & adaptive designs, voice and other connected devices. With the swift pace of technical adoption, it is critical to be able to rapidly evaluate and optimize our products to keep up. To help meet this challenge, our Senior UX/UI Design Specialists bring expertise and utilize consumer empathy mapping and data to critical problem solving for best-in-class user experience design for our digital products. Are you up for the challenge? Join Our Pack!
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT YOUR ROLE:
- Being an influential voice for UX/UI for cross-functional teams and being a leading voice in consumer-centric problem solving
- Collaborating with a team of Product Owners and development, to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience using wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Identifying user needs and business requirements as inputs to design, facilitating user empathy mapping principles for cross-functional teams
- Rapidly iterating on design prototypes and working applications executing all visual design stages from concept to wireframe and UI hand off for development
- Speaking the language of developers and understand development critical paths to success and incorporate these in UX planning process
- Owning the design standards and encourage its useproviding support during development and execution; assist with QA to ensure designs are implemented accurately and with the highest standard including CSS integrity, fonts, user interaction and task completion rate success metrics
- Leveraging data and consumer insights along with priorities in KPIs and signals to support and validate UX approach
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT PURINA:
- Being a part of a culture that stands taller with Integrity, Innovation, Passion, Performance and Expertise
- Experiencing the best of both worlds in a fast-paced agency lifestyle with all the benefits of working in-house at a leading organization
- Living our belief that pets and people are better together (The rumors are true; you can bring your dog or cat to work)
- Walking a beautiful 55-acre nature filled campus to spark creativity, innovation and of course, to recharge
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUST INCLUDE IN YOUR RESUME AN ONLINE PORTFOLIO OF YOUR WORK. PORTFOLIO MUST INCLUDE DESIGN SYSTEM AND APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT WORK.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO APPLY, GROW AND SUCCEED:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5 or more years of experience working in UX or digital design required
- Experience with UX tools and digital prototyping required
- Strong working knowledge of Sketch and/or Figma required and Adobe Suite tools experience preferred
- Experience in Agile team flow and UX design for small and large projects preferred
- Experience with IoT (Internet of Things) products preferred
- Experience in graphic design, UX research and designing mobile applications preferred
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Working knowledge and work-related experience with Lean Kanban or Agile Scrum workflows.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines.
- Passionate about technology and the digital product landscape.
- Ability to leverage data in driving UX decisions and use data to back-up design theory.
- Ability to think strategically across the full consumer experience and preemptively call out consumer friction points.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] to notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service