This job is archived
Joining Purina means you’re joining one of the most emotional categories in the world – pet care. At our very core, we’re a human environment – passionate people mastering cutting-edge technology and ways of connecting with our consumers so we can, ultimately, improve the lives of pets.
As a Brand Marketer within our Purina Brands group, you’ll be responsible for assisting the execution of the marketing strategy for the brand you support, including analyzing the business and our competition. You must be able to find your ‘square’ – find passion in the work you do and develop meaningful partnerships with your customers. And if you specialize in marketing, strategy development, media relations and executive thought leadership, you’ll fit right in! #JoinOurPack
- Participate in the development of marketing plan(s) and contribute to objectives, strategies, and tactics that will push new products to market
- Promotions and Packaging
- Assist in the execution of promotional programs/calendar
- Manage coupon and customer relationship marketing
- Analyze promotional programs to maximize effectiveness/efficiency and make on-going recommendations for improvements to programs
- Manage packaging changes due to product, graphic, and or formula changes
- Budget and Forecast Tracking
- Assist in management of budgets, as well as evaluate share, sales, and profit for the brand
- Maintain packaging and product forecast
- Monitor inventory
- Market Analysis
- Track brand sales performance and analyze syndicated scan data to recommend changes/improvements based on your analysis of the business and the competitive market
- Participate in qualitative and quantitative marketing research to impact your business and brand decisions
- Trade Communications
- Develop customer presentations that communicate updates to promotional/trade calendars
- Plan and execute merchandising events, retail tools, and point of sale (POS) displays
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution. Bachelor of Science degree in Public Communications highly preferred.
- 3+ years of business experience working in a professional environment, with 1 year of this experience in all of the following areas: marketing, strategy development, media/influencer relations, and integrated marketing campaigns required
- Technical skills in Cision and Trello required
- Experience working in digital marketing, social media or e-commerce development, including sales or marketing strategy highly preferred
- Brand experience in an agency environment highly preferred.
Additional Experience and Skills:
- Project and budget management
- Proficiency in Cision and Trello
- Partnering with vendors
- Working with and in agencies or in-house creative teams
- Ability to innovate and think creatively
- General management mentality
- Experience launching new and disruptive products
- Demonstrate ability to adapt quickly to change and deliver results
- Ability to easily transition from high-level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and autonomously
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, and Outlook
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] to notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.Job: Brand Marketer (Purina Brands) Primary Location: Saint Louis, MO US Other Location: United States-- Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=21004296