This job is archived
The Business & Sales Operations Lead is a key member of the US Poultry Leadership Team and a proactive champion for the field force and managed services within the US Poultry business. The colleague works directly with the Leadership Team, Regional Business Directors, Key Account Managers, Marketing, Veterinary Services and Managed Services, as well as US cross-functional teams to assure alignment, teamwork, and usage of all resources for a best in class customer and colleague experience. The colleague plays a key role in leading the alignment, development and execution of Zoetis Poultry’s Strategic Operating Plan in achieving top and bottom line financial goals. The Lead reports directly to the Senior Vice President (SVP) US Poultry.
The role’s primary responsibilities will be to lead in providing strategic thought partnership to the SVP and leading key areas of execution on the strategic operating plan. Specifically: Sales Strategy and Deployment, Sales Force Automation, Business and Services Financial Analytics, Sales Budget Development and expense management/control, Sales Career Pathing, Operational Planning, Key Account Plans, Customer Contracting and Performance Coaching. This role will lead the necessary alignment across the supporting groups in HQ such as Zoetis Tech & Digital (ZTD), Global Manufacturing & Supply (GMS), Operations, Finance, and Human Resources. The role will be a primary Poultry interface with senior leaders in the Cattle, Equine, Pork and PetCare business units. This position will serve as a liaison between the sales, technical and marketing teams in coordinating efficient communications and enabling the execution of across US Poultry. This position will be integral in working with our Regional Business Directors and with key account managers in the field to maximize our key account manager support and development.
The Lead will be a primary “voice” of the Poultry field force and Managed Services within the Poultry Leadership Team and will represent the perspectives of Poultry Regional Business Directors (RBD) daily within the field and HQ.
Sales and Marketing Liaison:
· Coordinate strategic and tactical communications to the field force (FF). Collaborate and work with Regional Business Directors to augment and support their coaching and development of FF.
· Provide sales insights and share feedback for all brand initiatives.
· Ensure that the CRM platform and materials exceeds needs of the both the sales force and the customer. Partner with marketing to develop and track FF initiatives utilizing CRM software. Formalize, build and execute a ‘smart’ CRM system that enables data to drive selling priorities within specific accounts
· Lead collaboration with marketing to create critical new tools to support selling process.
· Partner with Learning and Development to build/execute and maximize training across all FF and services colleagues for Solution Selling and Strategic Account Management framework.
Operational Link between Sales and Business Operations:
· Enabling and supporting RBD & FF with analytics focused squarely on the critical few for success to make decisions to exceed budget goals and market growth rates.
· Build and continue to update business analytics platforms, i.e. Tableau for FF use, ensuring they remain up to date, relevant and are consistently used across all areas to execute against primary business opportunities.
· Laisse with GMS to ensure a best in class order to cash and post sales customer experience.
· Evolving a sales and managed services career path that attracts, motivates, retains and promotes talent that is aligned to the strategic plans of Poultry and Zoetis in partnership with Human Resources.
Sales Operations Support:
· Sales incentive support that ensures incentives designed to maximize focus on the critical few and deliver clarity in achievement against related goals and objectives for the FF.
· Provide oversight and actively manage the sales phasing by region and quota development for the sales force
· Responsible for the annual and monthly, quarterly latest estimate (LE) forecasts for sales revenues and operational expenses for all of field selling
· Lead the coordination between Marketing and Sales Leadership for development of annual Poultry Operating Plan
· Be key leader in the, planning, and coordination with Marketing to assure that all demand generation (product, service & customer incentive) programs are designed for maximal execution of Poultry’s major growth driving strategies. Create and enable training programs for strategic initi atives to improve field-force effectiveness (e.g., Account Management, Account Plans, CRM, Corporate Account pull-through).
· Lead the planning and coordination of the National Sales Meetings to deliver best in class sales execution of key initiatives.
· Work across our business platforms of Managed Services, engineering and manufacturing to ensure alignment across the organization that will exceeding our customer’s expectations.
Actively Participate / Lead Strategic Poultry Projects as required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Undergraduate degree (BS/BA)
· 10 years proven record of accomplishments including successful sales management and strategy execution experience
· Animal Health experience and knowledge of production agriculture and veterinary medicine preferred
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
· Consistently proven track record in previous roles including managing talent, executing designated initiatives, creatively finding opportunities or solving problems to drive sales performance
· Extensive knowledge of Zoetis products and the animal health industry
· Ability to work in a cross-functional team-based environment, align with and influence internal and external stakeholders, and build/manage relationships at all levels of an organization
· Adept at working in highly fluid, complex and ever changing environments
· Drives strategy from insight and analytics to tactical execution and measures the results
· Project/Process management
· Exceptional verbal, written, presentation, interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to exercise good judgment and make thoughtful/fair decisions based on relevant information
· Proficient computer skills (MS Office and ability to learn Zoetis systems)
· HQ and cross-functional experience a plus (e.g. product marketing, new product marketing, business development)
· Ability to interact with and influence Senior Management, peers and other functions
· Strong analytical thinking, problem solving, business acumen and attention to detail skills
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
· Ability and willingness to travel overnight approximately at least 20-25% of the time to include some weekends
· The employee’s usual work location is in an office environment, but will be required to conduct field rides to customers from time to time.
· The location for this position is the Durham, NC, Poultry US Commercial Headquarters (HQ).Full timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.