As a Senior UX/UI Design Specialist, you demonstrate expert understanding of the UX landscape, a love for product design and the ability to provide UX/UI Design leadership when building products within digital environments like .coms, apps, responsive & adaptive designs, voice and other connected devices. With the swift pace of technical adoption, it is critical to be able to rapidly evaluate and optimize our products to keep up. To help meet this challenge, our Senior UX/UI design specialists carry the responsibility of bringing expertise, utilizing consumer empathy and data, to critical problem solving for best-in-class user experience design for our digital products.
- Be owner of the design standards and encourage its use
- Be an influential voice for UX/UI for cross-functional teams. Be a leading voice in consumer-centric problem solving.
- Influence the experience the consumer is going through not just the element in which you are designing. Thinking strategically and more holistically with your team.
- Collaborate with team, including Product Owners and development, to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience using wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Identify user needs and business requirements as inputs to design, facilitate user empathy mapping principles for cross-functional teams
- Rapidly iterate on design prototypes and working applications executing all visual design stages from concept to wireframe and UI hand off for development.
- Build professional, dynamic and detail-oriented design systems for products and or groups of products.
- Speak the language of developers and understand development critical paths to success and incorporate these in UX planning process.
- Provide design support during development and execution; assist with QA to ensure designs are implemented accurately and with the highest standard including CSS integrity, fonts, user interaction and task completion rate success metrics.
- Leverage data and consumer insights along with priorities in KPIs and signals to support and validate UX approach.
- Act as the main point of contact for all technical related questions, support and consulting requests regarding design.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUST INCLUDE IN YOUR RESUME AN ONLINE PORTFOLIO OF YOUR WORK. PORTFOLIO MUST INCLUDE DESIGN SYSTEM AND APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT WORK.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- 5 or more years of experience working in UX or Digital Design required.
- Experience with UX tools and digital prototyping required.
- Strong working knowledge sketch and/or Figma required and Adobe suite tools experience preferred.
- Experience in agile team flow and UX design for small and large projects preferred.
- Experience with IoT (Internet of Things) products preferred.
- Experience in graphic design, UX research and designing mobile applications preferred.
- Strong decision making and judgment skills. Ability to make logical, pragmatic and structured decisions based on consumer data.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Working knowledge and work-related experience with Lean Kanban or Agile Scrum workflows.
- Ability to set design standards for other teams at varying degree of competency.
- Ability to work autonomously, well organized.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines.
- Pragmatic and open minded. Team oriented, you “lead” and “share” project, not “own.”
- Passionate about technology and the digital product landscape.
- Ability to influence with integrity with your full team and stakeholders.
- Ability to leverage data in driving UX decisions and use data to back-up design theory.
- Ability to think strategically across the full consumer experience and preemptively call out consumer friction points.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestlé seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé home.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] [Register to View] or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-[Register to View] .
Job: Sr. UX/UI Design Specialist Primary Location: Saint Louis, MO US Other Location: United States-- Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=21001667