This job is archived
It takes ALL of us to do what we do at a world-class level, but it’s the insights, data and subject matter expertise our Category Analysts bring to the table that makes us a long-standing leader in the larger Pet Care Category. We give you the high charge of helping develop customer business plans, providing financial analysis, leveraging analytical data/insights and developing category plans to achieve overall category growth around sales, market share and profit objectives. You’ll partner closely with a Category Manager to grow the category in ways that will challenge you to think outside of what sits on the retail shelf. Your collective experiences at Purina will far surpass your achievements in growing category sales.
We offer opportunities at the global scale and cross-functional experiences that will diversify your knowledge, insight and your background. So, if your full potential could be unleashed, what would you add to the mix?
- Deliver consistent, detailed and accurate category analysis (4P) overview
- Provide timely, value-added insights and recommendations to the customer that develops proper relations, rapport, and helps achieve category and customer objectives
- Utilize syndicated data, consumer data (loyalty and point of sale), internal data and shopper data to uncover opportunities and provide analytical recommendations
- Leads work on setting the visual store set recommendation (set room or digital)
- Works directly with the buyers on special projects and day to day merchandising needs
- Owns Modular (plan-o-gram) item maintenance to ensure data integrity
- Present category insights to customers
- Assist in the development and implementation of strategic category business plans, including business, market, competitive and shopper trends
- Perform distribution opportunity analysis
- Leverage analytical insights to develop actionable stories
- Partner with Category Manager to develop category plans and perform category/brand analysis for the retail customer
Travel up to 15% or as business needs require.
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- 1+ years’ of experience in category development, business analytics, store/merchandising/distribution or marketing.
- Experience with syndicated and shopper data (Nielsen, IRI, Retail Link, PowerBI) is preferred.
Skills: Project Management / Resource Allocation skills
- Strong Presentation and Delivery of Insight skills
- JDA Space Planning (or other space management) skills
- Business Development and Financial Management skills
- Database Management and Analytics skills
- PC skills (in-depth knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home. The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] for accommodations" style="font-family: [Register to View] notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application. Job: Category Analyst- PetSmart Primary Location: Scottsdale, AZ US Other Location: Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=21001072