Territory Manager (Field Sales)
Nestle Purina PetCare
Looking to break into a Fortune 500 company? Do you have an ambitious attitude that will help you excel in sales, merchandising and the analytical aspects related to product on the retail shelf? In this role as a Territory Manager, we’ll assign you to a territory of your own in which you’ll focus to generate incremental sales, optimize shelf and store conditions, identify and address distribution opportunities, increase inventory and foster long-standing relationships with some of our partners, like Petco and PetSmart within our Pet Specialty Group (PSG).
As an industry leader with some of the most trusted brands in the retail environment, your customers will turn to you, as the subject matter expert, to lead the march in achieving top sales goals. You’ll run your given territory like your own business! However, you’ll work cohesively and collaboratively with your customers and fellow Purina teammates to drive home the real reason you’re here—to help us set the industry standard in customer service and remain a leader in pet care. This role will successfully lead into sales analytics, account management and analyst roles.
Join a high-performing team that will support your career growth and encourage you to continuously improve! Our culture always challenges us to think “What’s Next?” So if your full potential could be unleashed, what would you add to the mix?
- Promote and sell Purina products, which includes generating incremental sales
- Develop and foster business relationships with Store Managers and key decision makers
- Develop and recommend strategies designed to improve the overall efficiency of the territory and/or business activities
- Optimize retail shelf and store conditions at all retail outlets
- Maximize inventory at retail outlets – build stock and product displays
- Execute customer-specific promotional plans
- Re-stocking shelves and/or creating store displays with product that may weigh up to 50 pounds
- Prepare for retail sales visits by obtaining and analyzing relevant store, product and market data
- Utilize data tools to identify and close distribution opportunities
- Make recommendations to achieve 100% distribution on in-stock and new-items
LOCATION: Boston, MA
Territory will cover your assigned city location and the surrounding area up to a 300 mile radius.
Travel: Must be able to travel 25% | This role may require up to 25% travel as business needs require. We’re following local guidelines to keep our employees safe and non-essential business travel is currently paused due to COVID-19. Please feel comfortable asking your Recruiter for more details on current essential or non-essential travel practices and policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Marketing preferred.
- 1+ years of sales experience or an internship preferred.
- Business Development; Financial Management; Selling Skills; Team Dynamics
- If you currently live within the territory for which you receive an offer, you will need to be open to relocate for future advancement opportunities.
- If you currently do not reside in the territory, you will need to relocate to the territory upon offer acceptance and for future advancement opportunities.
- Relocation assistance will be provided for those that qualify.
- You are required to have a valid state driver’s license, a satisfactory driving record and carry automobile insurance in the following amounts:
- $100,000 bodily injury liability per person
- $300,000 bodily injury liability per occurrence
- $50,000 property damage
- Must be able to travel, including overnight as needed to run the assigned territory (3+ nights per month).
- Must have reliable transportation in order to manage the assigned territory.
- Able to lift 50 lbs of product.
- We offer a competitive base salary, an annual bonus program and comprehensive benefits package
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Extensive on-the-job training
- Company computer provided and reimbursement of company approved expenses
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestlé seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé home.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-[Register to View] .
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service