This job is archived
The primary responsibility of the Territory Manager is to be the solutions provider to veterinary professionals by detailing and selling pharmaceuticals, biologicals, sundries, equipment, programs and services through in-person sales calls in an assigned territory. The Territory Manager is responsible for maintaining or exceeding territory sales projections monthly as well as annually.
- Details and sells pharmaceuticals, biologicals, sundries, equipment, programs and services through in-person sales calls to veterinary professionals in an assigned territory by contacting all accounts on a regular, routine, and consistent basis.
- Organizes call schedules, detail sheets, and samples on a continuous basis.
- Maintains or exceeds territory sales projections monthly as well as annually.
- Performs administrative tasks in a timely manner including, but not limited to: submission of expense and sales reports; processing of credits and returns; responding to and servicing customer requests for literature, credits, and bids; and maintaining account records, including invoice history, and account vital statistics.
- Works closely with Customer Engagement Representatives and other internal departments to develop, maintain and service accounts in an effort to increase sales.
- Communicates with credit, collections, and customer service to assist in identifying, resolving, and collecting debt from accounts in a timely basis.
- Develops sales strategy for territory in conjunction with Region Manager by reviewing sales reports, account records, and trend information to increase territorial growth and increase sales volume.
- Develops and implements an account call system to productively manage accounts within a given territory.
- Strengthens customer relationships by resolving service problems with products, invoicing, or shipping; etc.
- Establishes team spirit by building professional relationships with customers, trade associates, and regional team members in order to enhance personal and corporate productivity and image.
- Educates veterinary professionals and staff by detailing new pharmaceuticals, biologicals, sundries, and equipment.
- Communicates clearly, professionally, and concisely with accounts, vendor reps, and manufacturer reps.
- Works with supplier/vendor representatives to detail and install their programs and products to strengthen long-term relationships.
- Attends Regional trade shows on an as-needed basis and assists with educating attendees about Covetrus products by promoting the Company in a positive and professional manner.
- Improve sales, service, and product knowledge by attending educational/developmental programs to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Attends Regional, Annual, and vendor meetings on an as needed basis.
- Performs other duties as required.
- A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is required. A Bachelor’s degree in business management or animal health science is preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience commensurate to fulfill all of the above Duties and Responsibilities is acceptable.
- At least two (2) years of experience working in a veterinary or distribution environment or prior sales experience is preferred.
- Strong communication, writing, negotiation, time management, and organizational skills are required.
- Must have ability to understand and assimilate product knowledge and technical materials related to sales.
- Must have ability to follow-through and solve customer problems.
- Demonstrated excellent track record in sales and marketing and an outstanding industry reputation are preferred.
- Must be self-motivated and goal oriented, requiring little day-to-day supervision.
- Laptop experience with sales force automation is a plus.
- Ability to travel daily and maintain a flexible work schedule is essential. Must possess a valid drivers’ license.
The company offers a comprehensive total compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with a generous company match, company paid life insurance and AD&D coverage, educational assistance, and much more!
Covetrus is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.