Purina believes pets and people are better together. This includes not only being a leader in pet nutrition but also bridging physical and digital experiences. Did you know Purina has an innovative Digital Product Management group that architects, develops, and delivers software? Our digital ecosystem consists of high growth digital products including Petfinder, Petivity IoT, and Just Right personalized pet food. Purina’s Petfinder alone helps 5,000 pets needing homes find one every day.
As the Release Manager (Lead, Technical Project Manager) you will own the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating, and managing releases across the enterprise for multiple applications across the Digital Product Management group portfolio. The releases can be inclusive of application updates, operating system patches, projects, and programs. You will interface and communicate with Test Managers, Lead Developers, Scrum Master, Digital Product Leads, and business analysts, while managing up to provide reporting and meeting updates to the senior IT management and business management.
What You’ll Love About the Role:
- Forward plan the Release Calendar/schedule by working closely with the Scrum Masters across the portfolio, centralizing the view of all planned releases.
- Lead the effort of defining the IT strategic direction for release management tools for IT to ensure the process requirements of release management are built in.
- Assist in providing visibility to project interdependencies across the portfolio to help maintain a consistent release cadence.
- Ensures alignment and expectations of business roadmap objectives with known team delivery capabilities in the development and communication of realistic delivery schedules.
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality.
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and that they meet or exceed expectations.
- Implement and manage release processes for code through development, test, and production environments, working collaboratively with all participants in software development projects.
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates.
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes.
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations.
- Conduct Scrum of Scrum, Operational Team Alignment, Release Readiness reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews.
- Provide tools and services to help product management and project teams manage and deploy releases into production.
- Produce and Maintain Release and Deployment Plans.
- Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required.
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities.
- Work with system engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process.
- Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
- Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists.
- Partner with IT management to improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments.
- What You’ll Love About Purina:
- Comprehensive benefits package that enables you to support yourself and your family.
- Continuous opportunity to strive for innovation, process improvement, and breaking company boundaries all while maintaining a balance in your personal life.
- Being a part of a culture that stands tall with Innovation, Passion, Integrity, Performance and Expertise.
- Setting the stage for innovation, best practices, and ways of working for the New Business Models team – a high-growth, high-impact team operating with a start-up mentality within Purina.
What You Need to Grow and Succeed:
Basic Qualifications - Education
- High school or GED equivalent degree required; bachelor’s degree preferred.
Basic Qualifications – Years/Type
- 2+ years of previous release and/or project management experience required.
- 5+ years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development required.
- Formal training in project management practices preferred
- Experience with Jira preferred.
- Experience with Confluence preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion.
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills.
- Highly developed communication skills (written and verbal); adaptability toward varying situations and audiences; interpersonal skills influencing skills at all levels.
- General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office expert level knowledge of Excel.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us [Register to View] notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.Job: Software Deployment Manager Primary Location: Saint Louis, MO US Other Location: Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=21006572