The Reference Labs – Customer acquisition Marketer is responsible for planning and marketing efforts to deliver rapid reference laboratory growth by leading the Reference lab marketing teams’ initiatives to drive new customer acquisition, including the reference lab expansion strategy. They will work collaboratively with lab operations, Ref lab marketing – customer growth and retention and Medical colleagues to deliver the market insights, strategies and tactics to ensure optimal lab growth in existing and new labs by rapidly adding ‘high value’ customers. The customer acquisition marketer will partner with Marketing colleagues across the diagnostics and broader Petcare businesses to implement marketing strategies and ensure that we take a one Zoetis approach to our customers, optimizing the customer experience and delivering a seamless diagnostic approach regardless of test location (ZPOC vs. ZRL.)
They will work with the Financial Programs Manager, Net Revenue Management and Finance colleagues to deliver incremental revenue through unique programs that drive customer acquisition.
They will work with legal & contracts to understand competitors retention strategies and develop appropriate counter offerings to secure and retain customers
In collaboration with the Ref Labs marketing – customer growth and retention, they generate appropriate market research strategies to deliver deep market insights and utilize existing Petcare segmentation to develop targeted customer acquisition programs.
In partnership with Ref lab marketing – customer growth and retention, they will also coordinate with Global Diagnostics, Global Commercial Development (GCD), Veterinary Medical Research and Development (VMRD) and Business Development (BD) on strategies that continue to differentiate the ZRL and keep it positioned as the leader in delivering industry leading customer centric diagnostic solutions.
They will work with major accounts to develop major account acquisition strategies and coordinate with lab operations to ensure optimal customer experience is aligned with reference lab current and future operating models.
They will work with sales and sales training to ensure optimal translation of customer acquisition marketing strategies into actionable tactics
They will be responsible for managing the A&P assigned to the role and for delivering on agreed metrics for customer acquisition and customer value that support delivering the overall financial goals for the reference labs business.
As a colleague within Petcare Marketing, he/she will model Zoetis core beliefs and communicate the importance of conducting business in a manner consistent with those values and behaviors.
- Lead the strategic planning efforts for reference lab customer acquisition – including new lab expansion; in-depth market and competitive analysis, segmentation-based positioning, effective customer targeting with relevant messaging and programs, key and major accounts strategy
- Responsible for managing the A&P budget for assigned area.
- Develop, implement, and measure effective, targeted, multi-channel marketing initiatives that drive rapid customer acquisition.
- Work closely with sales and sales training to ensure optimal execution of marketing tactics
- Provide timely marketing materials and programs to the Sales Force and all channel partners in support of customer acquisition and demand creation efforts.
- Support product development and participate in commercial development and lifecycle planning as part of the Global Asset Team.
- Be highly responsive in managing all communications with customers, Customer Service, Inside Sales, Territory Business Managers, Area Business Managers, Diagnostic Sales Consultants, Diagnostic Technical Specialists, Major Accounts, Customer Interaction Team, and Senior Management.
- Direct and maintain ongoing relationships with appropriate agencies and consultants.
- Develop a strong knowledge of standards of care, competitive landscape and customer insights.
- Prepare strategic updates and manage communications to appropriate Zoetis Senior Management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required (MBA preferred).
- Minimum of 10+ years of relevant experience in animal health, with a history of demonstrated success in delivering business results in innovative and rapidly changing environment.
- Experience in market analysis/modelling to deliver optimal lab expansion plans, strategies and metrics including lab placement, service level offerings, customer targeting and launch planning (pre-launch, launch and immediate post launch.) – including appropriate metrics
- Experience in developing profitable, non-dilutive, finance and service level driven contracts, agreements and programs.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
These qualifications, experiences, and skills are highly desirable; however, they do not preclude exceptions based on an individual’s performance history and demonstrated potential.
- Excellent understanding of science-based marketing and the marketing process.
- Proven ability to develop and execute strategies to build actionable market insights that drive targeted & effective marketing tactics
- Proven ability to develop and deliver best-in-class integrated marketing plans and programs to address a dynamic market.
- Ability to favorably influence people without direct authority. Strengths in team and relationship building.
- Strong written and verbal communication, project management, and computer software skills among standard company programs.
- Highly responsive and results oriented. Strategically agile and energized by a fast-moving environment.
- Strong business/financial acumen, analytical thinking, problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Proven ability in handling and effectively prioritizing multiple projects while maintaining a positive attitude and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to travel to internal and external meetings, and customer interactions (30%).
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
Note the physical conditions in which work will be performed, if applicable to the position. Examples: Lifting, sitting, standing, walking, ability to travel, drive, unusual attendance requirements, weekend work or travel requirements, etc.
Must be open to occasional travelFull timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.