This job is archived
The Marketing Manager, Point of Care Diagnostics will be responsible for defining strategy, planning, forecasting, execution, determining product development needs, and ultimately be accountable for P&L results for the assigned products within our Point-of-Care Dx portfolio.
- Lead the strategic planning efforts for the assigned products; including market and competitive analysis, brand positioning, messaging, pricing, and development of a communications plan focused on both external and internal customers.
- Participate in short and long-term financial planning, development of sales and operating budgets, management of and operating within approved financial parameters to enhance profitability.
- Responsible for managing the A&P budget for assigned products
- Operating Plan preparation and execution for assigned products
- Develop, implement, and measure multi-channel marketing initiatives, which support the immediate and long-term growth of Zoetis Diagnostics with multiple internal stakeholders (Market Research, Medical, Regulatory, Finance, Legal, Manufacturing, Global Product Management) and all necessary external vendors to maintain strong market growth and increase demand.
- Provide timely marketing materials and programs to the Sales Force and all channel partners in support of demand creation efforts.
- Develop, implement, and measure effective, targeted CRM and DTC programs that educate the veterinarian and drive clinic demand leading to overall market growth and increased product usage.
- Support product development as part of the Product Management Team and participate in financial modeling, commercial development and lifecycle planning as part of the Global Asset Team.
- Be highly responsive in managing all communications with customers, Customer Service, Inside Sales, Territory Business Managers, Area Business Managers, Diagnostic Sales Consultants, Diagnostic Technical Specialists, Major Accounts, Customer Interaction Team, and Senior Management.
- Direct and maintain ongoing relationships with agencies and consultants.
- Develop a strong knowledge of competitive landscape and customer insights including managing all competitive intelligence.
- Prepare performance updates, provide reports, feedback, and manage communications to appropriate Zoetis Senior Management.
- Manage product financial and demand forecasts for assigned products.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required (MBA preferred).
- Minimum of 10+ years of relevant experience preferably in animal health or Diagnostics, with a history of demonstrated success in delivering business results in innovative and rapidly changing environment.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
These qualifications, experiences, and skills are highly desirable; however, they do not preclude exceptions based on an individual’s performance history and demonstrated potential.
- Excellent understanding of science-based marketing and the marketing process.
- Proven ability to develop and execute strategies to build actionable market insights that drive targeted & effective marketing tactics
- Proven ability to develop and deliver best-in-class integrated marketing plans and programs to address a dynamic market.
- Ability to favorably influence people without direct authority. Strengths in team and relationship building.
- Strong written and verbal communication, project management, and computer software skills among standard company programs.
- Highly responsive and results oriented. Strategically agile and energized by a fast-moving environment.
- Strong business/financial acumen, analytical thinking, problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Proven ability in handling and effectively prioritizing multiple projects while maintaining a positive attitude and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to travel to internal and external meetings, and customer interactions (20%).
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
Note the physical conditions in which work will be performed, if applicable to the position. Examples: Lifting, sitting, standing, walking, ability to travel, drive, unusual attendance requirements, weekend work or travel requirements, etc.
- Must be open to occasional travel