This job is archived
As a Category Manager, you’ll be responsible for creating and implementing a futuristic viewpoint of the pet care category to transform our customer accounts. In this role, you’ll exemplify the leadership and communication skills that drive lasting relationships and top business results. You will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally across all Nestle Purina assets, facilitating your ability to drive pet category strategy and planning with our customers.
Having a deep understanding of the competition and how to leverage market insights will make you a subject matter expert and a trusted leader within your team. Data, analytics and consultative recommendations will guide you in the decision making made by your key customer(s). We are a market leader both on and off the shelf and we are backed by 120 years of rich history that has groomed our culture with passion, integrity, high performance, innovation and unparalleled expertise.
As a culture that always challenges us to think “What’s Next?”, we will empower you to take ownership of online sales and challenge you to do it with creativity and innovation in mind.
- Develop customer category strategies and initiatives that deliver Purina and retailer growth.
- Proactively identifies gaps and opportunities for space analysis and category growth.
- Leverages 4P analytics to develop and deliver consistent category reviews for the customer.
- Completes POG analysis to develop and influence shelf/adjacency/assortment recommendations for total pet department and categories to maximize category growth and NPPC share of shelf.
- Influences customers through compelling category strategies and insights.
- Collaborates with sales team on key customer insights and opportunities
*Travel will be 20% or as needed for the role
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- 3+ years of experience in category development, account management or business analytics required
- Experience working with syndicated data (Nielsen, IRI, Power BI) required
- Plan-o-gram Development experience for store implementation (JDA, Apollo, etc.) preferred
- Strong presentation skills
- Category Management/Analysis skills
- Data mining and consumer research skills
- Functional knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Access
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us [Register to View]
notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.