This job is archived
As a Category Manager, you’ll be responsible for creating and implementing a futuristic viewpoint of the pet care category to transform our customer accounts. In this role, you’ll exemplify the leadership and communication skills that drive lasting relationships and top business results. You will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally across all Nestle Purina assets, facilitating your ability to drive pet category strategy and planning with our customers.
Having a deep understanding of the competition and how to leverage market insights will make you a subject matter expert and a trusted leader within your team. Data, analytics and consultative recommendations will guide you in the decision making made by your key customer(s). We are a market leader both on and off the shelf and we are backed by 120 years of rich history that has groomed our culture with passion, integrity, high performance, innovation and unparalleled expertise.
As a culture that always challenges us to think “What’s Next?”, we will empower you to take ownership of online sales and challenge you to do it with creativity and innovation in mind.
- Develop customer category strategies and initiatives that deliver Purina and retailer growth.
- Proactively identifies gaps and opportunities for space analysis and category growth.
- Leverages 4P analytics to develop and deliver consistent category reviews for the customer.
- Completes POG analysis to develop and influence shelf/adjacency/assortment recommendations for total pet department and categories to maximize category growth and NPPC share of shelf.
- Influences customers through compelling category strategies and insights.
- Collaborates with sales team on key customer insights and opportunities
*This role may require up to 20% travel as business needs require. We’re following local guidelines to keep our employees safe and non-essential business travel is currently paused due to COVID-19. Please feel comfortable asking your Recruiter for more details on current essential or non-essential travel practices and policies.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- 3+ years of experience in category development, account management or business analytics required
- Experience working with syndicated data (Nielsen, IRI, Power BI) required
- Plan-o-gram Development experience for store implementation (JDA, Apollo, etc.) preferred
- Strong presentation skills
- Category Management/Analysis skills
- Data mining and consumer research skills
- Functional knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Access
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.Job: Category Manager – Kroger Primary Location: Loveland, OH US Other Location: Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=21002294