The Manager of Category Management is a critical role within the Market Development Organization (MDO)—our hub of business excellence across category leadership and shopper marketing that drives category and share growth through insight-driven strategies and thoughtful solutions.
A core function of the MDO Category Leadership team is Category Strategy – we are responsible for developing winning strategies for our Generating Demand organization that includes defining ways to win in the industry as well as specific initiatives to support those recommendations. Working alongside our Brand Teams and Market Research partners you will help define Purina’s ability to lead category growth through a category mindset. This not only requires best in class strategic storytelling; but to work cross functionally to gain alignment to key initiatives and develop a plan for future learning and insight to ensure long term success of the organization.
This is an exciting time to join Nestlé Purina as we use agility and adaptability to push the boundaries of innovation. Are you up for the challenge? Join our pack.
- Develop and maintain a 3-year Category Strategy that includes a strategic narrative, linkage to planning framework as well as associated 4P best practices
- Provide category perspective to both Brand and Sales teams to enable broader understanding of decisions and recommendations
- Leverage our Category leadership to become a subject matter expert by utilizing specific data/analytics to grow the Category for the customer
- Develop a deep understanding of what competitors are doing in the marketplace to be able to provide unbiased recommendations to the customer
- Collaborate cross-functionally to gain stakeholder buy-in.
- Influence and/or lead key decision-making sessions to support effective decision making.
- Maintain a set of learning priorities and ensure National Learning plan support for your segment.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- 3+ years of experience in Sales, Marketing, Trade Marketing, Consumer Insights or Category Management required.
- Experience utilizing and telling a story through Syndicated Scan Data (Nielsen, IRI, PowerBI) is required.
- Consumer Goods industry experience is preferred.
- Experience managing a retail business or brand preferred.
- Experience driving category sales in eCommerce environment a plus.
- A basic understanding of Consumer & Shopper research methodologies is a plus.
- Ability to influence without authority across multiple stakeholders.
- Strong insight and storytelling capabilities combined with an ability to represent the category strategy internally and externally.
- Innovative and creative thinking oriented to capture “big picture thinking.”
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage through ambiguity and lead thinking.
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Able to dig deeply into data and think creatively as well as strategically.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us [Register to View]
notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.
Job: Category Manager Primary Location: Saint Louis, MO US Other Location: Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=21002148