This job is archived
Elevating the importance of our pet food categories with each of our individual retailers is the goal. The larger mission is to enrich the lives of pets and the people who love them. Nestlé Purina’s Market Development Organization (MDO) is what we commonly refer to as our hub of business excellence and Shopper Marketing drives category and share growth through insight driven strategies and proactive solutions. We’re guided by deep research, innovative science and customer feedback. But we’re inspired by the dare – the dare to Stand Taller in everything we do.
Purina is looking for a creative, results-oriented Shopper Marketing Manager, who thrives in a fast-paced, innovative environment to lead the strategic development and execution of account-specific marketing plans and programming to drive Purina profitability, sales and brand equity with our customers. This experience will develop and showcase the ability to identify and evaluate retail marketing opportunities, plan and activate around deep shopper insights and develop and grow relationships both internally and externally to dive the business. This role will hone skills in building strong team dynamics, dealing with ambiguity, influencing across the organization, and driving for results.
- Apply brand, shopper, and retailer insights to develop differentiated shopper marketing programs that generate demand along the path to purchase.
- Work with agency partners and across all Purina internal functions to develop and execute customer specific programs that build equity and drive positive business results at retail.
- Influence and align customer and internal teams on customer relevant programs and strategies.
- Fully support shopper marketing strategy development and program sell-in with customer.
- Develop strong working relationships with Purina internal teams and external customer teams.
- Implements execution of media plan and promotional tactics from initial agency and/or customer briefing through final analysis and measurement.
- Primary interface with the customers’ marketing & digital departments.
- Drive Shopper Marketing ecommerce and digital innovation, by developing, testing, and sharing results of new applications and initiatives.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited institution.
- 3+ years’ of experience in Sales, Marketing, Category, or agency environment required.
- Experience in leveraging consumer and shopper insights to develop customer or brand effective strategies & marketing programs.
- Consumer packaged goods industry experience preferred with Shopper Marketing experience preferred.
- Experience in ecommerce and/or digital media preferred
- Experience with Nielsen, IRI, Power BI or other syndicated data systems preferred
- Ability to effectively lead, collaborate, communicate and influence concise and relevant messages to appropriate audiences, influencing strategy and business initiatives
- Ability to evaluate opportunities and develop actionable plans to address opportunities
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills (strong listening skills, persuasive and professional communicator) are required
- Strong project management skills
- Strong analytical ability
- Deep understanding of shopper/retail marketing capability and experience in activation with retailers
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Anticipates business issues and potential opportunities based on trends and assessments of available and emerging ideas
This role may require up to 15% travel as business needs require. We’re following local guidelines to keep our employees safe and non-essential business travel is currently paused due to COVID-19. Please feel comfortable asking your Recruiter for more details on current essential or non-essential travel practices and policies.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home. The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] for accommodations" style="font-family: [Register to View] notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application. Job: Manager, Shopper Marketing Primary Location: Saint Louis, MO US Other Location: Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=21000741