Nestle Purina is part of an $88B Global Organization and a leader in Nutrition Health and Wellness. Purina is THE leader in the pet products industry, dedicated to improving the lives of cats and dogs through quality nutrition and care. We may be the world's largest food company, but a common passion for providing the best products in the world creates a sense of family. Our Mission: We stand for trust. We earn it every day as we enrich the lives of pets and the people who love them. Within Nestle Purina Pet Care our brands include Pro Plan®, Purina ONE®, Puppy Chow®, Dog Chow®, Beyond®, Beneful®, Beggin®, Cat Chow®, Fancy Feast®, Friskies®, and Tidy Cats® to name a few.
As an Account Manager, you’ll oversee the business planning process with our customer to drive volume, profit and share growth within the overall Pet Care Category. You’ll become a subject matter expert and very nimble with our trade tools, but most importantly, you’ll leverage the support of your best-in-class team to share the excitement of growing the Purina business. Within the trusted partnership between your team and the customers, you’ll create optimal sales development plans and manage trade budgets, spending and volume. Also critical to your role is negotiating product, promotion and placement against Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). So, if your full potential could be unleashed, what would you add to the sales mix?
- Lead the business planning process
- Develop and implement trade promotion strategies and tactical plans with customers to yield sales
- Proactively monitor and analyze customers’ overall business plans, including managing budgets, spending, volume and ROI
- Understand key business drivers and incremental opportunities
- Leverage collaborative promotional programs that align with brand opportunities
- Learn the Nestlé Purina Trade Management Tool (TMT) to manage expenditure of financial resources
- Leverage customer meetings and trainings to accelerate Nestlé Purina PetCare business (volume) and develop relationships with distributors
- Work collaboratively with a multi-functional team to drive business results at the customer
LOCATION: Candidate must be willing to relocate or reside in Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington. Travel 20%.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- 2+ years of experience in account management, business development or category development activity is required.
- Experience working with a manufacturer, distributor or within retail operations is preferred.
- Experience working with financial modeling tools is preferred.
- Previous retail account management experience is preferred.
Skills: Strong Interpersonal, Facilitation and Presentation skills. Sound Financial and Forecasting skills, Headquarter Selling and Negotiation skills, Project Management and Analysis and Decision-making skills.
This role may require up to 20% travel as business needs require. We’re following local guidelines to keep our employees safe and non-essential business travel is currently paused due to COVID-19. Please feel comfortable asking your Recruiter for more details on current essential or non-essential travel practices and policies.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home. The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] for accommodations" style="font-family: [Register to View] notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application. Job: Account Manager Primary Location: Eden Prairie, MN US Other Location: Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=21000012