Our Animal Health Marketing team takes a customer centric perspective using customer feedback and market intelligence data. Using this data, we design, develop and deploy products, platforms, brands and marketing initiatives that ensure we can improve the health and well-being of animals everywhere.
We are looking for a brand savvy, data-driven, customer-centric senior CRM manager to join our company's growing Animal Health Companion Animal Digital Marketing Team critical for digital transformation. This role is responsible for designing integrated CRM strategy, spearheading all steps related to the hands-on campaigns’ execution and tactical management for omnichannel marketing campaigns. This includes being an integral team member with collaborative, team-first attitude, an entrepreneurial mindset and bias for actions. Incumbent should demonstrate a strong understanding of Salesforce Marketing Cloud and VEEVA capabilities and ability to align them to brands’ objectives, deployment, preparation and execution of digital marketing campaigns, production, coordination, and ongoing monitoring of CRM initiatives to identify areas of optimization and report KPIs back to the leadership team.Key ResponsibilitiesStrategic
- Develop omni-channel CRM strategy to increase the engagement of our customer base via lead generation and nurture in collaboration with marketing and sales directors while ensuring brand’s positioning and visual identity is further strengthened via digital multi-channel campaigns
- Setting a clear vision and strategy for CRM, motivating, coaching and influencing Marketing peers without authority, driving urgency and sales results
- Serve as a key partner to develop MarTech CRM roadmap for digital transformation which includes analyzing macro trends and changing consumers behaviors, providing inputs, prioritizing initiatives and supporting IT in preparing technical business requirements documentation
- Deploy data-driven insights to analyze and interpret user segments and behaviors and to build an iterative testing approach for campaigns optimization, content creation and deployment, segmentation and other campaigns’ constructs development
- Prepare monthly CRM report and present to leadership the results of campaigns, A/B testing, recommendations for further optimization of platform capabilities
- Manage and prioritize operations focused digital sales and marketing initiatives, while maintaining key working relationships cross functionally to connect the dots
- Partner with Brand Managers, Creative Agency Partners, and Digital Marketing agency to contribute to core creative idea development, integrated marketing planning and co-creation of briefs highlighting CRM objectives for acquisition, retention and nurture
- Comfortable operating independently in a fast-paced environment with an agile workflow; must be adaptable and willing to take on additional responsibilities if necessary
- Attention to detail, organization, tech savvy, strong verbal and email communication, proactive follow-up, and maintaining a customer-focused attitude
- Ability to operate at a strategic level but also possessing the willingness to roll up sleeves and get into the details and execute tactics as needed
- Strong project management skills with a proven track record in coordinating multiple projects across various cross-functional teams
- Tasks range from developing campaign calendars, building Salesforce Marketing Cloud customer journeys, and scheduling launches from in-deployment monitoring up to completion
- Work closely with agency partners on understanding deployment operations inbounds, upcoming deliverables, and technical campaign executions
- Build and clean campaign target lists and match these lists with campaign targeting objectives, import lists to Salesforce Marketing Cloud, and handoff the list and asset for campaign deployment
- Adjusting journeys in Salesforce Marketing Cloud based on CRM Strategy optimization recommendations discussed
- At least 7 years of experience in a CRM, direct response marketing or other commercial digital transformation and implementation role with increasing responsibilities in a digital savvy organization
- Experience in CRM marketing with demonstrated substantial knowledge in CRM platforms and solutions for targeting, segmentation, campaign management, and email marketing for 4 years
- Experience in segmentation, testing methodology, and setting up and using email/marketing automation platforms for 2 years
- Understanding of GDPR, CCPA, and HIPPA in a pharmaceutical regulatory environment
- Strong project management skills with a proven track record in coordinating multiple projects across various teams
- Advanced proficiency in programming languages such as HTML, CSS, query languages such as SQL, Python, C+ and data visualization tools such as Tableau, Infogram, D3.js
- Bachelor’s degree in Digital Marketing, Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or related field
- Master’s degree or equivalent Digital Marketing Certification
- Veeva / Salesforce certification and administration
- Project Management Professional certification
Our Animal Health division is a trusted global leader in veterinary medicine, dedicated to the health and well-being of animals. We are a global team of professionals working together to make a positive difference in animal care and the world’s food supply and have a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society and our planet. We offer one of our industry’s most innovative portfolio of products, services and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:Not Specified
Shift:1st - Day
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:1