This job is archived
The Area Manager is responsible for managing a territory to maximize the impact of PSIvet and all PSIvet initiatives on the economic viability of the community based veterinary practice.
• Cost efficient management of assigned PSIvet Territory.
• Identifying new prospects for PSIvet and secure as Members.
• Maintaining 80% compliance with Member practices in assigned territory.
• Educating Member practices on the philosophy of organized veterinary medicine.
• Explaining and educating Member practices on the benefits and savings provided by all Approved Vendors.
• Promoting targeted vendors, products and services.
• Educating Member practices and practice owners on the importance of vendor compliance and their support of the group purchasing concept.
• Promoting PSIvet and the concept of group purchasing to non-PSI practices.
• Educating Member practices on regulatory and legislative issues within veterinary medicine.
• Educating Member practices on practice management efficiencies and provide practice management support when applicable through the PSIvet Modules.
• Completion of all assigned reports, forms, etc. in a timely and acceptable manner.
• Inputting activity data in Company CRM as specified by Company guidelines.
• Informing management of industry changes and trends in the assigned territory.
• Additional duties and projects as assigned by PSIvet management.
• Bachelor’s degree, CVPM, Certified Veterinary Technician or a Veterinary Technician with at least 5 years practice experience or equivalent experience
• Veterinary practice experience, preferable management, CVT, CVPM
• Outside veterinary sales/consultation experience beneficial but not required
• Excellent writing and communication skills, ability to present in front of a group/audience
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite, intermediate level with Excel
• Working knowledge of one of more Practice Management Software Programs
• Knowledge of veterinary industry standards, business, products and services
• Ability to travel daily and maintain a flexible work schedule is essential. Must possess a valid drivers’ license. Some overnight travel and occasional weekends required.
The company offers a comprehensive total compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with a generous company match, company paid life insurance and AD&D coverage, educational assistance, and much more!
PSIvet is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.