This job is archived
The Strategic Account Specialist is responsible for engaging customers in an Omni-channel approach, while ensuring the best customer experience possible. Works as a trusted partner to the Covetrus Customers, providing products and solutions, and advancing the practice of veterinary medicine. The successful candidate will be detail oriented and have a passion for optimizing the customer experience. Ideal candidate will have experience working in animal welfare.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Builds and fosters strong, productive customer partnerships focused on ensuring customer success and retention; develops a trusted advisor relationship with key stakeholders and executive sponsors.
- Interacts regularly with all levels of client organizations to include Director level and above
- Meets or exceeds assigned quota by maintaining growth within the existing customer base as well as actively searching for new business opportunities within territory
- Analyzes customer data, to maximize penetration and compliance, and identify account growth opportunities.
- Partners with customer to implement best practices and value add offerings.
- Prepares and delivers effective presentations, focusing on concise, actionable information that is readily embraced by the customer and drives additional volume
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis.
- Manages and oversees the customer onboarding of National Accounts
- Maintains knowledge of Covetrus products, technical solutions, value proposition initiatives and the veterinary industry to support customer needs and Covetrus initiatives.
- Engages with customers via a combination of inbound, outbound, and multi-channel communications to manage order processing, resolve questions, and provide product and solution information.
- Drives customer awareness and engagement of our products, solutions, and Technology Services including Global Prescription Management and Specialty Compounding via a consultative selling approach.
- Preserves and drives customer engagement in Technology Solutions while understanding customer needs.
- Communicates frequently with all levels within Covetrus and cross functional teams.
- Utilizes internal sales and service tools to provide customer value including detailed programs and promotions geared to customers.
- Manages critical order fulfillment protocols established by for National Strategic Accounts
- Establishes proactive contact cadence with assigned accounts. Completes daily proactive engagement in order to support customer needs and promote the Covetrus relationship.
- Documents customer interactions and outcomes in CRM.
- Executes first level customer service requests and coordinates with appropriate departments and personnel to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Collaborates with Strategic Account Management and Territory Manager to ensure timely and proper servicing of accounts and foster a team effort on account management.
- Maintains data and customer updates in CRM and ERP system. (i.e. phone numbers changes, delivery schedule, and special requests).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent; advanced degree or coursework in Marketing, Animal Science, Business, or Administration or similar field preferred.
- One to two years’ in a sales environment utilizing suggestive selling techniques; one to two years’ customer service experience required.. Call Center Environment experience is a preferred.
- Excellent collaboration skills and a proven ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite products required.
- Order entry experience with AS/400 (iSeries) preferred.
- CRM experience desired; Experience with Sales Force a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior experience as a Veterinary Technician or work in the animal health care industry preferred, but not required.
- Ability to influence the customer by identifying needs and providing solutions.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with multiple departments to ensure the success of the client relationship.
- Capable of self-managing and spear-heading new initiatives; Ability to work independently
- No certifications required.
The company offers a comprehensive total compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with a generous company match, company paid life insurance and AD&D coverage, educational assistance, and much more!
Covetrus is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.