The primary responsibility of the Region Manager is to manage the activities of the Territory Managers within the Region to achieve maximum efficiency and sales results; providing direct coaching, monitoring, training and assistance to Territory Managers and Territory Trainees;. Implements sales and marketing programs, coordinates with Zone Manager and Marketing with respect to additional programs needed to drive sales and to achieve the desired results; therefore achieving economic performance criteria established for the Region. In addition to the role of the TM, RMs will monitor and manage territory and region related expenses to ensure that these expenditures fall within budget guidelines and are in line with the performance within the region.
- Manages the performance of Territory Managers and Territory Trainees by maintaining frequent contact with and working directly with the Territory Manager, in person as often as is practical, but on average face to face 3 days per week, or as agreed upon with the Zone Manager.
- Identifies need and provides product and sales-technique training to Territory Managers and Sales Trainees. Identifies, promotes, and schedules training opportunities (e.g. vendor training classes).
- Monitors territory managers’ performance in terms of sales to goal and attainment of other Territory, Region, and Company goals and initiatives by direct observation of sales calls during routine ride-withs and standard territory sales reporting tools.
- Develops and provides timely and thorough formal and informal performance evaluations to Territory Managers, including verbal coaching, written summary reports of ride-withs, and annual written performance evaluations.
- Plans, develops, recommends, and implements action steps, strategies, performance improvement plans, and/or marketing plans for improving performance levels of Territory Managers in the areas of account coverage, sales objectives, margin performance Days Sales Outstanding, and focus vendor goals, where and when applicable.
- Participates in the establishment and forecasting of annual region territory sales projections.
- Participates in the establishment, control, and management of region territory expenses.
- Participates in state, local, vendor, territory and regional meetings.
- Coordinates efforts to recruit and select new territory managers, including ensuring all requisite paperwork is completed and submitted to Human Resources, conducting initial interviews of candidates, coordinating interviews of final candidates with Zone Manager as well as providing recommendation of top candidate, and coordinating contingent employment offer with human resources.
- Manages the new-hire and termination processes for Territory Managers, ensuring that all requisite and necessary paperwork is submitted to the appropriate Corporate Departments in a timely and thorough manner.
- Maintains a direct line of communication with Zone Manager on all aspects of job functions and responsibilities, and communicates with Zone and Corporate management on all pertinent competitive and industry information.
- Deals directly with Company’s customers relating to problem issues or special needs and requests.
- Grows and develops personal and business skills.
- Develops vendor relationships between territory managers and the company.
- Interacts effectively with all levels of Company Corporate Management, Territory Managers, Distribution Center Management, Inside Sales personnel, vendor representatives, and Company’s customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned
• A minimum of a four-year degree in business management or animal health science is preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience commensurate to fulfill all of the above Functions and Responsibilities is acceptable
• Minimum of five years’ experience in the animal health field as a distributor representative, or experience and background commensurate to fulfill all of the above Functions and Responsibilities
• Minimum four (4) years sales management or related experience.
• Working knowledge of applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Familiarity with budgeting and P&L experience
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, customer-service driven environment
• Must possess strong communication skills, plus good organizational, time management, and motivational skills
• Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with customers and vendors
• No certification generally required
• Ability to travel 60% or more of time is essential
The company offers a comprehensive total compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with a generous company match, company paid life insurance and AD&D coverage, educational assistance, and much more!
Covetrus is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.