Lead Laboratory Technician
The Lead Laboratory Technician provides leadership oversight to Lab Technicians and Lab Assistants and ensures excellence in all aspects of laboratory operations; conducts competency assessments; maintains compliance with all quality assurance and control processes; manages the lab staffing, productivity level, and develops/monitors performance improvement, training, safety, quality, and regulatory standards; ensures budgetary goals are met and continuous improvement processes are taught and supported; accountable for adherence to state and federal rules and regulations; ensures compliance with Federal, State, and Local agencies.
• Management of approximately 3-10 reference laboratory personnel in a fast-paced, accuracy-dependent environment. Supervision of and leadership in optimizing technical laboratory processes.
• Manage the hiring, performance evaluations, scheduling, and training of Reference Lab Personnel
• Uphold rapid turn-around times of specimen samples by effectively managing staff and utilizing resources while maintaining high standards of accuracy. Committed to continuous process improvement to improve efficiency.
• Sustain close and effective communications with the Quality Department and all Laboratory Support Teams and recommend and assist in the implementation of goals and objectives; implement approved policies and procedures and ensure they are maintained.
• Provide lab training to Lab Assistants and Lab Techs on proper lab methods, processes and procedures
• Effectively lead in a complex environment, set clear expectations, coach and mentor for success. Responsible for team member engagement and retention through practices that promote communication, recognition, teamwork, and effective employee relations practices. Dedicated to personal and professional development for self and laboratory team.
• Effective communication within team and cross functional teams. Attends and participates in team meetings.
• Responsible for operational excellence which includes managing laboratory budget, oversight of inventory management, and equipment needs/maintenance.
• Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
Required Skills, Education, and Experience
Successful candidate must be detail-oriented, organized, and dependable
• 1+ years of lab supervisory experience
• Associates or Bachelors Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to travel for training highly desired
Preferred candidate qualifications:
• A.A.S. Medical Laboratory Technician/A.A.S Veterinary Technology/BS Medical Technologist/Clinical Laboratory Scientist
Full timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View]
to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View]
In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.
License or Certificate:
• MLT ASCP/AMT, MT/CLS ASCP/AMT, RVT/CVT/
• BA/BS in an applicable area of study (proof of education will be required upon hire)
• 2+ years working laboratory experience