This job is archived
This Sr. Associate Scientist, Biodevice Development & Validation (BDV) position is located at Zoetis Global BioDevices R&D headquarters’ in Durham, North Carolina. This individual will play a role in the development and validation of biodevice products that are on the cutting edge of technology in the global animal health industry to maintain Zoetis Inc. as a global leader in biodevices for livestock and companion animals. The Sr. Associate Scientist, BDV will contribute to efforts ensuring all Zoetis biodevice products achieve a successful (safe and efficacious) product launch. This role influences design by evaluating bioprocess impacts, contributing to design requirements and specifications for development, and executing the required testing to validate biodevice designs. Participation in technical evaluations both in-house and at customer test sites and interaction with engineering disciplines, Technical Service, and Field Service representatives is required.
· Provide product development insight for novel biodevice offerings and their potential impact on biology through research of real world usage parameters that may impact device safety and efficacy.
· Apply training in bioprocess development, basic research, screening, model development and/or in vitro, in vivo and target species studies.
· Exhibit good knowledge of experimental design, statistical analysis, and data interpretation.
· Function in matrix environment.
· Effectively interact with management, peers, colleagues, external collaborators, and contractors.
· Work in a structured environment with moderate supervision.
· Develop and execute testing protocols for characterization and validation of biodevice products and/or concepts at the interface of technology and biology.
· Record, calculate and maintain detailed records of experimental data in accordance with GLP or GCP.
· Conduct studies to test prototypes; input data into databases, derive reports and analyze data. Perform necropsy and biological analysis as needed.
· Contribute to the development of device cleaning and sanitation methods through analytical testing. Conduct validation and testing for design changes (ECR's) of components, device sub-systems, or full bio-mechanical devices, both in-house and at commercial production test sites.
· Continuously improve process and/or device performance test documentation including SOPs, validation protocols and data records to ensure device performance remains safe and efficacious.
· Demonstrate good written and verbal skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Education: BS or equivalent training/experience in a relevant field.
Experience: A minimum of 1-3 years experience in animal research and/or a relevant laboratory science.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
· Capable of developing and executing test protocols
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with internal and external customers
· Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments.
· Experience with animal handling and GLP/GCP desired
· Ability to perform research activities involving specialized laboratory equipment
· Ability to interpret experimental results
· Competent in written and oral communication
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
· Standard office working conditions
· Animal health working conditions:
o Projects will require personnel to spend time within commercial livestock environmental conditions and animal healthcare facilities. This will expose personnel to dander particulates, chemical fumes, heavy automated production equipment, biological exposure, and confined spaces. Appropriately defined personal protection equipment (PPE) will be provided to all personnel to comply with customer site and Zoetis internal employee safety and biosecurity policies.
· Lab environment with mechanical and biological/chemical hazards.
· Extensive field work is required (up to 30%) depending upon stage of product testing - subject to adjust based on project requirements.Full timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.