- Position: Laboratory Technician – Monogastric Research
- Reference Code: R
- Department: Research
- Location: Nicholasville, KY
- Country: United States
Alltech is a global leader in the animal and health nutritional industry, focused on natural scientific solutions to today's biggest agriculture and food industry challenges. Alltech delivers on this vision by improving plant, feed and food quality through nutrition and scientific innovation.
The individual in this position will assist in research projects and activities related to monogastric nutrition with a major focus in poultry nutrition research. This individual should be comfortable working in a laboratory setting and around small animals.Responsibilities
- Conducting routine laboratory procedures according to written and or verbal instruction with little direct supervision. Recognize problems and errors and make or seek corrective actions.
- Participate in on-farm research activities, including sample collections.
- Work accurately with close attention to detail.
- Maintain a clean lab bench and an organized laboratory notebook. Report results and documents according to standard procedures.
- Familiarity with basic computer programs (Microsoft Word and Excel).
- Perform routine mathematical calculations and prepare graphs.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects and deadlines.
- Interest or experience in animal agriculture or analytical chemistry is a plus.
- Capable of lifting 20 pounds.
- Candidates should hold a bachelor’s degree in Animal Science, Biology, Chemistry, or a closely related field.
Alltech offers a comprehensive benefits package and an atmosphere for professional and personal development. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against qualified applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.Contact Info
Please submit cover letter, resume/CV to [Register to View] style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline">[Register to View] style="font-size:12.0pt">. No recruiters or phone calls please.