This job is archived
Zoetis is the world’s largest Manufacturer and Supplier of Animal Pharmaceuticals.
At Zoetis in Lincoln, NE, we manufacture high quality medicines for dogs, cats, and livestock. Our plant has been recognized as one of the Nebraska’s Safest Companies, with a long-standing presence in Lincoln and we continue to grow.
Great Health Benefits from day 1!
3 weeks accrued paid vacation and 13 paid holidays
401(k) match with company profit sharing
Schedule and conduct Immunology assays to support manufacturing activities and for product release while following GLP, QO and Regulatory procedures.
Under close supervision, the Laboratory Technician will perform routine laboratory procedures, in compliance with specifications in all Standard Operating Procedures and Standard Test Procedures used to support testing and release of product.
- Maintaining testing reagents and supplies
- Assist/Perform assigned laboratory testing
- Understand and perform basic laboratory techniques/procedures as per training and SOPs
- Apply current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) to assigned work
- Review documentation for accuracy and completeness
- Compile and report laboratory test results
- Assist in Laboratory Investigations
- Alert supervisory personnel of known or suspected quality problems
- Initiate maintenance Work Orders when needed
- Contribute and participate in Continuous Improvement Projects (CIP)
- Understand company policies and procedures, i.e., Safety, SOP’s and cGMP’s
- Learn and comply with regulatory requirements such as USDA, FDA, EU
- Demonstrate ability to perform assigned work in a safe manner
- Demonstrate ability to recognize potential safety hazards
- Verify and validate data entry in Laboratory Information Management Systems.
- Participate in trouble shooting and problem solving for routine tests and processes
- Demonstrate technical awareness using data, good judgment and experience
- Communicate effectively between departments, shifts and employees
Education and Experience
Two years associate degree in science or
One to two years relevant experience with relevant science-based college courses.
Bachelor’s degree in biological sciences/chemistry
Experience working with ELISA, Endotoxin and/or PCR assays
Competent using Window-based applications
Technical Skills and Competencies Required
Basic immunology assay techniques and knowledge, Aseptic technique, Excellent Organization, Verbal and Written Communication skills
Experience working with ELISA, Endotoxin and/or PCR assays, GLP documentation
Physical Position Requirements
- Manual dexterity using hands and fingers
- Occasional need to sit, reach with hands and arms
Ability to work flexible hours, work weekend and overtimeFull timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.