Nestle Purina PetCare
Develop, validate, and perform a broad range of chemical and biochemical assays and procedures with limited supervision from line leader. Perform analyses to support innovation projects with the analysis of raw materials, finished product and physiological samples
- Develop new biochemical methodologies as required to support the analytical needs of Nestle Purina PTC
- Responsible for the coaching and support of the team by leading research and development projects, assisting with interpretation of data and ensuring all appropriate documents and project records are properly filed
- Submit validation files to Nestle Research Center-Quality for the development of Laboratory Instructions
- Perform validation studies of new and existing analytical methodologies
- Evaluate new technologies & methods for potential use at Nestle Purina PTC
- Effectively communicate results through oral presentations, written technical documentation and R&D reports
- Develop, review & maintain SOPs, ICPs Technical Instructions related analytical procedures
- Work cross collaboratively with other Applied Science Groups within R&D, Regional Laboratories and Operating Companies
LOCATION: St. Joseph, MO
Travel: As needed
Education: M.S. or PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology or related discipline
- 3+ years of experience in the use of research techniques, experimental design and statistical analysis
- Experience with LC/MS, gas and liquid chromatography, mineral analysis, metabolomic analyses, wet chemistry and lipid analysis
- Working knowledge of LC/MS, GC/MS, NIR preferred
Skills: Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills are required. Outstanding presentation and public speaking skills are required.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us [Register to View]
notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service