Purina believes pets and people are better together. This includes not only being a leader in pet nutrition but also bridging physical and digital experiences. Did you know Purina has an innovative Digital Product Management group that architects, develops, and delivers software? As the Ecosystem Architect, you will be a critical leader in our digital products group collaboratively designing and delivering the enterprise architectural vision and roadmap, with the ultimate responsibility of designing the course to achieve the business ambition.
Our digital ecosystem consists of high growth digital products including Petfinder, Petivity IoT, and Just Right personalized pet food. Purina’s Petfinder alone helps 5,000 pets needing homes find one every day. Join the Digital Product Management group and help transform the lives of pets and people! #JoinOurPack
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Owns end to end ecosystem architecture as an enterprise service to deliver best in class solutions
- Defines ongoing and new use cases to drive enterprise architecture design (both for the enterprise and consistent individual product contribution)
- Partners with internal/external business stakeholders to identify and deliver pursuit territories and co-innovates as appropriate
- Writes feasible architecture diagrams consumable for tech teams and business owners
- Leverages hypothesis driven rapid innovation techniques and owns ecosystem architecture roadmap /priorities based on business impact
- Develops implementable architecture blueprints/patterns that align with best-in-class design and software engineering principles with a bias to modular, reusable components
- Identifies executional and organizational issues and removes barriers to progress
- Champions and secures people and financial resources
- Develops and promote architecture best practices for the enterprise
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT PURINA:
- Your work has incredible reach: Technologies used at Nestlé Purina reach not only Nestlé Purina, but also throughout Nestlé’s global operations.
- Comprehensive benefits package that enables you to support yourself and your family.
- Continuous opportunity to strive for innovation, process improvement, and breaking company boundaries all while maintaining a balance in your personal life.
- Being a part of a culture that stands tall with Innovation, Passion, Integrity, Performance and Expertise.
- Setting the stage for innovation, best practices, and ways of working for the New Business Models team – a high-growth, high-impact team operating with a start-up mentality within Purina.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO GROW & SUCCEED:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Information Technology
- 5+ years practical experience in building, delivering, and supporting technology systems in the evolution to becoming an ecosystem architect required
- 3+ years in ecosystem design, with experience visioning & delivering systems for internal/ external partners & a demonstrated ability to impact business outcomes required
- Deep knowledge of cloud-based, modular, service-oriented architectures required
- Collaborate with senior technology and business leaders to develop a rationalization plan for the enterprise’s technical ecosystem and create end-state architecture with understanding of the business vision/drivers/ objectives across multiple business lines so that the over-arching enterprise strategy can be realized
- Accountability for ensuring vision for NPPC’s future state enterprise architecture is realized across all data domains/lines of to achieve business strategy
- Collaborates across business units to harmonize architectures and develop global standards and governance
- Relationship building with ability to build and influence others in business and tech
- Ability to cultivate a culture of openness, transparency and inclusion and build, maintain, and grow high-performing architecture teams globally
- Strong leadership, influence, and negotiation skills with both business and technical groups
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us [Register to View] notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.Job: Sr. Specialist, Platform Engineer (Ecosystem Architect) Primary Location: Saint Louis, MO US Other Location: Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=21006003