This job is archived
- Position: Quality Assurance Laboratory Technician
- Department: Quality Assurance
- Location: Nicholasville, KY
- Country: United States
Alltech is a global leader in the animal and health nutritional industry, focused on natural scientific solutions to today's biggest agriculture and food industry challenges. Alltech is headquartered in Nicholasville, Kentucky and has a global team of more than 6,000 people around the world who share in the vision of sustaining and nourishing the world's plants, animals and people. Alltech delivers on this vision by improving plant, feed and food quality through nutrition and scientific innovation, particularly yeast-based technology. Our team is fully committed to helping plants and animals achieve their full potential while supporting producers in greater efficiency, profitability and sustainability.Responsibilities
- To perform all necessary and specified laboratory assays in accordance with procedures and specifications.
- Record and properly document all testing and calibrations performed into the appropriate notebooks, sheets and/or computer programs.
- Ensure that laboratory area and equipment are maintained in a clean and safe manner at all times.
- Keep accurate consumable and chemical inventory.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work load to complete assigned tasks in timely manner.
- Requires good mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting capabilities.
- The minimum level of education is a Bachelor of Science in Biology, Chemistry, Animal Science, and/or other related degree.
- The minimum level of laboratory experience is 1 year (3-5 years preferred).
- Must understand instrumentation (ICP-OES, HPLC, GC) and be able to interpret data to provide results to supervisors to confirm label guarantee.
- Microbiological experience is a plus.
- Must be able to work flexible hours between 6am-6pm and overtime as needed with occasional weekend work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.Contact Info
Please submit resumes to: [Register to View] style="color:#0563c1; text-decoration:underline">[Register to View]
No recruiters or phone calls please.