This job is archived
This Quality Scientist I position is responsible for testing of blended vaccines and antigen stocks for potency, extraneous agents, inactivation and identity using egg based and tissue culture based methodology. Maintain testing schedules and prioritization of testing to ensure timely completion of assays to meet the established release dates. Following GMP documentation guidelines. Completion of test records and system data entry. Basic problem solving skills and demonstrate trouble shooting ability and writing Laboratory Investigations when necessary utilizing Method 1 and the DMAIC process. Conitribute to the teams productivity goals. Cleaning and maintaining lab equipment, instrumentation and facility. The colleague should have the ability to follow detailed instructions.
- Testing of samples from manufacturing to ensure Quality and compliance according to all applicable assays utilizing good aseptic practices.
- Maintaining testing schedules and reagent supply
- Completion of documentation following cGMP guidelines
- Cleaning and maintaining lab equipment, instrumentation and facility
- Following all Zoetis Quality Standards, Policies and Procedures
- Providing minimum input for laboratory investigations (LIR), minimal project support
- Understanding of the QC software packages used during routine work.
- Pipette work and analytical techniques.
- Preparation of media and reagents
- Equipment Monitoring
- Provide basic input for laboratory investigations (LIR).
- Provide basic project support.
- Properly utilize computer software used during routine work
- Understand and execute excellent aseptic technique
- Perform egg drilling, candling, and other egg manipulations
- Perform culture of primary and continuous cell lines
- Participate in Media Fill inspections
- Participate in all required training activities.
- Work in a safe manner and follow safety policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate basic problem solving skills and troubleshooting ability.
- Perform basic laboratory math accurately (dilutions, titrations, cell counts, etc.)
- Record procedures and results using proper cGMP documentation.
- Effectively work in a team environment and communicate with multiple departments
Education and Experience:
2 to 4 Year Degree (science background preferred) and/or 0-3 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of cGMP/GLP requirements.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Strong attention to detail, ability to work well independently and as a part of a team, and to work effectively with people at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions with coaching.
- Experience with cell culture and/or egg-based propagation of viruses.
- Experience using aseptic technique.
- Work experience in a cGMP/GLP environment.
Ability to lift approximately 20 pounds.
Flexibility to cover rotating weekend duties.
Ability to grasp and manipulate objects like pipettors, flasks, and bottles.Full timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.