• Follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling, processing, and maintaining records of patient test results.
• Prepares laboratory specimens for designated departments/locations prior to laboratory analysis and testing.
• Unpacks specimens and routes specimens by type to various staging areas.
• Prepares all specimens received for testing in designated laboratory departments or locations
• Prepares excess specimen samples for storage and resolves and documents problem specimens.
• Organizes work by matching computer orders with specimen labeling, sorting specimens, checking labeling, logging specimens, arranging reports for delivery, keeping work surfaces clean and orderly.
• Participate in all applicable safety training sessions. Know the location and contents of the safety manual. Know the location/use of all applicable safety equipment.
• Prepares and stages specimens, centrifuge, reagents, etc., enters results into LIS
• Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
Required Skills, Education, and Experience:
Full timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View]
to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View]
In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.
• HS Diploma or GED Equivalent
• Minimum of 1 year lab or accessioning experience
• Applicants should be detail oriented, flexible, quick to learn, as well as be proficient in data entry and organizational abilities.
• Able to work productively, effectively, and independently in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to handle multiple tasks systems simultaneously
• Effective verbal and written communications, especially listening skills
• Detailed orientated with regards to data entry and excellent typing skills
• Strong computer skills and ability to work within windows and Laboratory Information System environment
• Must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment
Preferred candidate qualifications:
• Medical background or experience with laboratory testing terminology or a strong aptitude to learn terminology
Physical and Time requirements:
• Able to sit and stand for long periods of time
• Able to lift up to 30lbs
• Flexible hours and overtime may be required
• SHIFT TIMES: Must be available to work evenings as needed and rotating weekends.