This job is archived
Our Animal Health Division is a trusted global leader in veterinary medicine, dedicated to the health and well-being of animals. We are a global team of professionals working together to make a positive difference in animal care and the world’s food supply and have a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society and our planet. We offer one of our industry’s most innovative portfolio of products, services and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species.
Our company's Animal Health is seeking a motivated individual to work as a quality check (QC) review scientist within its Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) bioanalytical laboratory. This position has primary duties of performing quality checks on bioanalytical data and reports according to regulatory guidelines, our company's Animal Health Rahway Bioanalytical Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs), and study protocols. The incumbent is also responsible for the final formatting of data packages for regulatory submissions.
This position is a part of the Bioanalytical group, Global Preclinical Development, based in Rahway, New Jersey. Main responsibilities include:
- Performing quality check (QC)/review of data and reports for studies and non-study specific activities within the bioanalytical group according to regulatory guidelines, our company's Animal Health Rahway Bioanalytical Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs), and study protocols;
- Formatting regulatory submission packages by following the regulatory requirements and departmental guidelines;
- Identifying areas for improvement in QC/review of data and reports and implementing improvement procedures by working with colleagues in the bioanalytical group and quality assurance;
- Compliance with and maintenance of required training for company and departmental SOPs, safety-related guidance, and other guidelines as relevant/applicable;
- Adherence to short term goals, objectives and timelines agreed upon with management via working independently;
- Interaction with partners in functional lines other than our company's Animal Health Rahway Bioanalytical group, such as Drug Safety and Metabolism and Quality Assurance;
- Any relevant/applicable additional BA assignments as directed by management;
- Ability to multi-task and perform as a team player.
Minimum Educational Requirement:
- BS or MS degree in chemistry, biochemistry or related scientific discipline
Required Experience and Skills**:
- 3 years of industrial experience, preferably in a bioanalytical laboratory.
- Experience in Quality Assurance or quality check/review under GLP;
- Familiarity with bioanalytical method validation and sample analysis guidance and other regulated guidelines;
- Experience in Analyst, LCQuan, Watson LIMS, ELN, OpenLab, and other data capture and storage systems;
- Experience in compiling documents using Adobe ToolBox and Microsoft Office;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Attention to detail.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Highly motivated individual with the aspiration to learn and develop himself/herself.
Our Animal Health Research Laboratories team work tirelessly to invent solutions to improve the health and wellbeing of animals. Our state-of-the-art research facilities create an environment of innovation that enable us to create breakthrough science changing the way we approach animal health challenges.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
Invent. Impact. Inspire.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:Remote Work
Shift:1st - Day
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:1