Zoetis is the largest animal health company in the world with an industry-leading research and development team. Zoetis Veterinary Medicine Research and Development, Analytical Sciences in Lincoln, NE is seeking an assay development professional at the Senior Associate Scientist/Scientist level. This position will require a highly motivated and independent leader who can effectively collaborate with other team members to advance projects. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for development of biological assays utilized to characterize viral and bacterial antigens or biopharmaceuticals in support of projects from early research through late-stage development and transfer into QC.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Design and conduct laboratory experiments including analytical method development, validation and transfer. Primary techniques are immunoassays, SDS-Page, gel electrophoresis, western blot, virus titrations, immunofluorescence, mammalian cell culture, PCR, and proof of inactivation.
* Represent Analytical Sciences at project team meetings and provide analytical support for antigen or antibody characterization in support of process development and establishment of analytical methods for potency testing.
* Perform analytical methods necessary for the characterization and release of active biological ingredients and vaccine and biopharmaceutical product.
* Design, set up, and conduct stability and other hypothesis driven studies.
* Evaluate new technologies to determine their applicability to assay development.
* Documentation, reporting, and communication of results in electronic laboratory notebooks, technical reports, PowerPoint presentations, and oral presentations.
* Interface with other scientists in a variety of technical disciplines including process development, formulation development, clinical operations, quality control, quality assurance, discovery, and manufacturing.
*Have a basic understanding and utilize the statistical methods employed in immunoassays. Partner with Statistics group to design experiments and report data.
* Assist in the preparation and writing of regulatory filings.
* MS or BS in immunology, virology, biochemistry, veterinary sciences or animal science or other related discipline, at least 0-2 years (MS) or 4+ years (BS) experience preferably in the biopharmaceutical or vaccine industry. Must have experience developing immunoassays.
*Ability to work under moderate supervision
* MS or BS in immunology, virology, biochemistry, veterinary sciences or animal science or other related discipline, at least 3-5 years (MS) or 6+ years (BS) industry experience preferably in the biopharmaceutical or vaccine industry. Must have experience developing immunoassays.
*Ability to work under limited supervision
*Demonstrated ability to solve scientific problems
The ideal candidate would possess:
* Experience conducting and developing novel analytical methods
* Good oral and written communication skills
* Academic or industry experience in a laboratory setting, specifically in bacterial, viral or antibody characterization.
* Ability to work efficiently by organizing and prioritizing work effectivelyFull timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.