You’ll be a part of the data and analytics team at Nestlé Purina Petcare in a group known as “thehive”. This group is a business function that has a deep expertise in data analytics that is helping transform the way the organization leverages data. As an Associate Data Scientist, you will be responsible for helping the team to rapidly deliver analytical solutions to functional areas of the business such as Manufacturing, Sales, Marketing, etc. Through Microsoft Azure, you will help deliver insights to both Product Owners and Product Users. You will collaborate with Data Engineers, Platform Engineers, Solution Developers, and others to execute and deliver working solutions to end users. Working as a member of thehive, you will use data science and machine learning techniques to help drive deep data analysis and uncover insights that will enable the business to make strong and strategic decisions.
- Perform advanced data analysis to understand and identify business opportunities for analytics to optimize business processes and outcomes
- Find and apply appropriate data science models to create insights
- Design, build and deploy data mining, machine learning, and deep learning techniques to deliver data driven insights for the Purina business teams
- Work with functional business partners to fully understand their data and enable insight discovery
- Build, test, train and industrialize analytics models to support data driven decisions at Purina
- Participate in the end-to-end lifecycle of analytics and data projects through the use of DevOps, code and model management, CI/CD and other industry standard practices that enable analytics at scale
- Prepare data for analysis using Azure technologies such as Azure Data Bricks, Azure Data Factory, and Azure Machine Learning
- Visualize and communicate insights using visualization tools such as Power BI and Excel
- Socialize best practices to analytics and product teams
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Data Science, Computer Science, or related field OR 2 years of professional experience in data analysis
- Basic proficiency in Python and use of relevant libraries
- Academic exposure or professional experience in analyzing, investigating, and mining data to derive actionable insights
- Academic exposure or professional experience in building, training, and testing models based on the data
- Academic exposure or professional experience in creating visualizations and using tools to present/tell the story of the results
- Experience with Python Machine Learning Packages (ie: scikit-learn)
- Experience with query languages such as SQL, MDX, and DAX
- Basic understanding of Agile and CI/CD DevOps principles
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us [Register to View]
notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.