Zoetis Veterinary Medicine Research and Development (VMRD) is seeking an enthusiastic colleague for a challenging and fast-paced position in Biologics Product Development in Kalamazoo, MI, at the Senior Scientist level.
The incumbent is responsible for the design and execution of vaccine delivery strategies including formulation and characterization of different antigen types (peptide, protein, nucleotides, viral, bacterial etc.).The scientist in this position is also responsible for working collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams, author technical documents, leading / supporting organizational initiatives, assessing new capabilities / technologies. The selected individual is expected to have knowledge of immune pathways, molecular biology, and formulation approaches used for vaccine products.
The responsibilities for this role will include but not limited to:
- Design vaccine delivery approaches to attain desired immune response, based on biology of disease and intervention approaches
- Design and conduct studies to characterize molecular and biophysical properties of various types of antigens (peptides, proteins, nucleotides, viral, bacterial etc.)
- Design and development of parenteral biologic formulations (solutions, lyophilized products, and other dosage forms)
- Develop and optimize lyophilization-cycle
- Develop and prepare vaccines for clinical studies
- Work with cross-functional teams (internal and external) to execute plans and deliverables
- Keep abreast of relevant new technologies & regulatory expectations/requirements
- Ensure work activities are aligned with relevant Quality and EHS requirements.
M.S (with 5+ years of relevant experience) or PhD (with 0-2 years of experience in academia, biotech or pharmaceutical industry) in Immunology, Pharmaceutics or Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biomedical Engineering or related field with research focus on adjuvant research, formulation and delivery aspects of vaccines or immuno-therapeutics.
- Advanced understanding of various types of vaccine antigens and adjuvant systems
- Advanced knowledge of drug delivery systems for biologicals
- Experience/ advanced knowledge of parenteral formulation development for biologics
- Understanding of biochemistry, degradation pathways, and general approaches for antigen stabilization
- Experience with biophysical techniques and ability to apply them for characterization and problem-solving during vaccine formulations development
- Ability to independently contribute from the bench
- Ability to coach, train and lead others in the design, execution and interpretation of experiments to drive the definition and optimization of formulations
- Good oral and written communication skills
Information about Zoetis:
Zoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses . Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines, biopharmaceuticals and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant. Zoetis discovers, develops and manufactures a diverse portfolio of animal health medicines, biopharmaceuticals and vaccines designed to meet the real-world needs of veterinarians and the livestock farmers and companion animal owners they support.Full timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.