Scientist/Senior Scientist - Chemistry
Zoetis is the largest animal health company in the world with an industry-leading veterinary medicine research and development team. We are seeking a synthetic organic chemist to join our R&D team and develop novel veterinary small molecule therapeutics. This position will require a highly motivated, energetic, and independent chemist with a track record of innovation in organic synthesis.
- Collaborate with chemistry and multi-disciplinary teams to advance projects from lead generation to development candidate selection
- Plan and execute multi-step synthetic sequences aimed at synthesizing key target molecules
- Interpret relevant data and evaluate new synthetic routes to design and develop analogs for synthesis
- Utilize independent thinking to resolve synthetic and chemical biology challenges
- Analyze and record data using an electronic laboratory notebook and other relevant software (Scifinder, Reaxys, ChemDraw, Microsoft Office)
- Proactively maintain a safe laboratory setting, scientific integrity, and an inclusive work environment for all colleagues.
- Broad knowledge of modern organic chemistry, synthetic methods, lab techniques, purification and small molecule compound characterization
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve complex problems independently to advance research in synthetic chemistry
- Demonstrated track record of innovation through scientific publications
- Familiarity with key instruments in a laboratory setting (HPLC, LCMS, NMR)
- Good oral and written communication skills necessary to function effectively in a team setting
- General understanding of the drug discovery process from lead generation to development candidate nomination
- Apply skills and knowledge of other functional areas (biology, DMPK, formulations) to champion innovation in analog design and partner line approaches
- Experience with write-ups for small molecule disclosures in patent applications
- Collaboration with supervisory personnel to develop strategy and tactics for continuous improvement in small molecule projects
Education and Experience Requirements:
B.S./M.S. in Organic or Medicinal Chemistry with 2-6 years of relevant experience
Ph.D. in Organic or Medicinal Chemistry with 0-2 years of relevant experienceFull timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.