This job is archived
We are seeking a formulation scientist to support development of new veterinary drug products and reformulation of existing products. The formulation scientist will be responsible for pre-formulation studies, formulation screening, characterization, development, and nomination of drug product composition. Dosage forms may include topicals/transdermals, sterile injectables (liquid and lyophilized), oral tablets, etc for a variety of animal species. This is an exciting opportunity where the scientist will have full ownership of formulation research and development in early discovery stages and sometimes up to the technology transfer stages. The scientist will work with interdisciplinary teams and partner groups including discovery, chemistry, clinical, regulatory, marketing, and manufacturing. The scientist may be expected to lead PharmSci and formulation subteams and bring forward a drug product, analytical methods, and clinical supplies for candidate compounds from early discovery through commercialization.
- Formulation and pre-formulation development, including formulation screening to solve stability, solubility, and absorption challenges.
- Formulation design, characterization, development, and process scale-up.
- Support discovery team with enabling formulations.
- Generation of experimental supplies for early-stage studies.
- Research and development of drug delivery systems internally and/or through external partners.
- Conduct formulation research in the laboratory and provide PharmSci leadership when appropriate.
- Author regulatory documents for filing and commercial launch.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS, MS, or PhD in Pharmacy, Pharmaceutics, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related field with 0 to 10 years in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in conducting pre-formulation and formulation development studies.
- Extensive knowledge of drug degradation pathways, solubilization, and stabilization techniques.
- Knowledge in Biopharmaceutics, Design of Experimentation, and Quality by Design aspects for formulation development.
- Effective communication and leadership skills.
- Solid understanding of statistics and statistical tools.
- Experience with international teams, CROs/CMOs.
OTHER DESIRABLE ATTRIBUTES
- Familiarity of the Animal Health industry with experience of working with Marketing/Commercial colleagues.
- Familiarity with GMP, VICH, Pharmacopoeial, Technical and Regulatory requirements in relation to animal health product development and manufacturing.
- Familiarity with manufacturing process development, scale-up, technology transfer to pilot/commercial scale.
- Experience with writing CMC technical sections and supporting post commercial changes.
- Understanding of packaging considerations for commercial products and primary pack screening and selection activities.
- Understanding of various drug delivery technologies including parenteral, topical, and transdermal drug delivery.
WHO WE ARE
Zoetis is the leading animal health company. Our mission is to build on a six-decade history and singular focus on animal health to bring customers quality products, services and a commitment to their businesses. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for farm and companion animals in ways they find truly relevant.
Kalamazoo, Michigan, USAFull timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.