Are you a superstar in a clinical laboratory testing searching for somewhere to really shine? Are you excited about working in the veterinary space? Ready to take your experience and lead a location? We want to talk to you!
As a Laboratory Technician/Technologist, you will be part of a local team in the processing and analyzing of veterinary patient samples at our clinical diagnostic laboratories. We have openings across the country! Please indicate your preferred region of the U.S. when you apply!
Responsibilities and Duties
(include, but not limited to)
• MUST HAVE solid experience in a clinical laboratory setting with comprehensive knowledge of high throughput hematology, chemistry, immunoassay, urinalysis, O&P/fecal and related analyzers/diagnostics.
• MUST HAVE expert experience with 2-3 of the following instruments: Advia 2120i, Immulite 2000 XPi, AU680/5800, Clinitek Advantus, or Stago STarT.
• Day-to-day responsibilities include assisting the team in Quality Control, Quality Assurance, and Operations associated with laboratory testing, equipment, facility and materials.
• Demonstrated ability to build, develop and work within a clinical laboratory team, including creative problem solving and flexibility to meet rapid growth.
• Strong IT and LIS (laboratory information systems) experience and general high comfort level with computer systems, technology and equipment interfaces.
• Must being available for evenings as needed and rotating weekends.
Knowledge, Qualifications & Compensation
• 5-10 years of experience in a clinical laboratory setting.
• Team leadership, friendly and loves a challenge.
• Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills required.
• Robust organizational and time management skills.
• Experience in the veterinary field strongly preferred, but not required. Other experience considered as applicable.
• An MT/MLT/CLS degree is recommended. AMT or ASCP are accepted. CVT/RVT/LVT is recommended.
• Competitive compensation package, including base wages and bonus.
• Willingness to travel to other labs for training as needed, and to support other labs when needed in the future is a huge plus.
About Zoetis Reference Laboratories
Full timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View]
to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View]
In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.
Zoetis Reference Laboratories (formerly ZNLabs/Ethos Labs/Phoenix Labs) is an innovative and well-funded, full-service veterinary clinical diagnostic laboratory. We are focused on revolutionizing the reference laboratory space for companion animals. We are a team of friendly, motivated and highly collaborative business and veterinary professionals looking for a top tier laboratory experts to join our growing crew.
Job Type: Full-time
Competitive & Flexible compensation and benefits package.
Position is based out of the Long Island lab.