Zoetis Veterinary Medicine Research and Development (VMRD) seeks an enthusiastic colleague for a challenging and fast-paced position in research and development of veterinary medicines in Kalamazoo, Michigan. The candidate will develop and validate analytical methods to measure concentrations of veterinary pharmaceuticals in plasma/serum, tissues, excreta, and other matrices to investigate the safety and efficacy of veterinary products. The candidate will collaborate extensively with target animal safety, toxicology, pharmacokinetics, environmental, clinical, and regulatory scientists as part of multidisciplinary teams. Duties will focus on laboratory work in the first 3 years which could be expanded to broader responsibilities based upon interest, ability, and business needs.
- Developing and validating analytical methods to quantify residues of veterinary pharmaceuticals and biotherapeutics in blood/plasma, tissues, excreta, and other matrices at the mg/g to pg/g level.
- Providing bioanalytical support for projects.
- Conducting in vitro and in vivo studies and profiling samples from radiolabel studies in the future.
- Serving as Study Director, Principal Investigator, or Contributing Scientist for GLP and GCP studies.
- Placing and monitoring studies conducted at Contract Research Organizations.
- Writing or contributing to study reports and regulatory submissions.
- Occasional domestic or international travel: usually <5% annually depending upon nature and stage of project.
Minimum skills, education, attributes:
- BS or MS in chemistry, biochemistry, biology, pharmacy/pharmaceutics, or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in the veterinary or human pharmaceutical or agricultural/food industries.
- Experience developing and validating quantitative methods for compounds in complex matrices by UPLC/HPLC-MS/MS and other methods.
- Experience with chromatography and sample preparation methodologies for biological samples.
- Excellent organizational and communication abilities (verbal and written English).
- Ability to work in a collaborative and dynamic team environment in a global company.
- Other attributes: Problem solving, judgment, perseverance, planning, adaptability, and communication skills.
Desirable skills, education, and attributes:
- Working a regulated environment (e.g., GLP).
- Working with radioisotopes (14C, 3H)
- Metabolite profiling and/or structure elucidation of metabolites by NMR, mass spectrometry, etc.
- In vitro metabolism or in vivo ADME studies.
- Scientific writing such as protocols, reports, journal articles, etc.
- Analysis of biotherapeutics (monoclonal antibodies, endogenous or recombinant proteins) in biological matrices.
- E-notebooks (e.g., IDBS Biobook), LIMS (e.g., WATSON), laboratory automation and liquid-handling systems (e.g., Hamilton MICROLAB STAR).
Familiar with regulatory requirements (VICH/ICH, FDA/CVM, OECD) for human or veterinary pharmaceuticalsFull timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.