This job is archived
This Quality Scientist I position is responsible for executing specific tasks within the Quality Control department in accordance with all applicable cGMPs, government regulations, and corporate/site procedures and policies. This role is responsible for efficiently and accurately carrying out activities involved in routine testing of samples received from production.
· Testing of samples from manufacturing to ensure quality and compliance with all applicable regulations and standard operating procedures.
· Maintain testing schedules and reagent inventories.
· Clean, monitor, and maintain lab equipment and facilities.
· Provide basic input for laboratory investigations (LIR).
· Provide basic project support.
· Properly utilize computer software used during routine work
· Understand and execute excellent aseptic technique
· Correctly prepare media and reagents
· Perform egg drilling, candling, and other egg manipulations
· Perform culture of primary and continuous cell lines
· Participate in Media Fill inspections
· Participate in all required training activities.
· Work in a safe manner and follow safety policies and procedures.
· Demonstrate basic problem solving skills and troubleshooting ability.
· Perform basic laboratory math accurately (dilutions, titrations, cell counts, etc)
· Record procedures and results using proper cGMP documentation.
· Effectively work in a team environment and communicate with multiple departments
Education and Experience:
2 to 4 Year Degree (science background preferred) and/or 0-3 years of relevant experience
· Knowledge of cGMP/GLP requirements.
· Experience with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
· Strong attention to detail, ability to work well independently and as a part of a team, and to work effectively with people at all levels within the organization.
· Ability to follow detailed instructions with coaching.
· Experience with cell culture and/or egg-based propagation of viruses.
· Experience using aseptic technique.
· Work experience in a cGMP/GLP environment.
Ability to lift approximately 20 pounds.
Flexibility to cover rotating weekend duties.
Ability to grasp and manipulate objects like pipettors, flasks, and bottlesFull timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.