This job is archived
This Virology Quality Scientist II position is responsible for executing department specific tasks in accordance with all applicable cGMPs and compliant with global/site procedures, regulations and policies. This role is responsible for the construct and testing of blended vaccines and antigen stocks using egg-based methodologies, with minimal direction from Team Leader, to ensure testing is complete. The successful incumbent is expected to perform analyses required for incoming, in-process and finished goods as required by specifications as well as all other quality control testing to support qualification/validation, transfers and other project related activities for biologic animal vaccines. In addition, this role will also participate in investigations and/or projects to increase productivity in the Quality Control Labs.
- Testing of samples from manufacturing to ensure Quality and compliance according to all applicable assays utilizing good aseptic practices.
- Performed analyses which includes extraneous, sterility, stability, inactivation, and potency testing required for incoming, in-process and finished goods as required by specifications.
- Maintain testing schedules with minimal direction and guidance
- Execute and report validation studies
- Write and revise Standard Operating Procedures and Standard Methods
- Support Investigations when necessary utilizing Method 1 and the DMAIC process
- Clean and maintain lab equipment, instrumentation and facilities
- Properly navigate the QC software packages used during routine work
- Preparation of media and reagents
- Participate in Media Fill inspections
- Responsible for monitoring of lab equipment
- Solid understanding of several of the basic technologies for their specified workgroup and be able to work independently.
- Understand the basic functions of other parts of the organization.
- The colleague may participate on simple projects or participate as part of a team on larger projects.
- Maintain appropriate departmental cGMP documentation.
- Execute all written procedures.
- Effectively work in a team environment and communicate with multiple departments
Education and Experience:
4 Year Degree (science background preferred) and/or AA and 3 year of relevant experience
- General knowledge of the following software programs: Word, Excel, and Powerpoin
- Strong attention to detail, ability to work well independently and as a part of a team, and to work effectively with people at all levels within the organization.
- Gain Profiency in 70% of the testing in a specified area.
- Able to follow detailed instructions with minimal coaching
- Knowledge of Basic GLP requirements.
- Strong Problem solving skills and should demonstrate troubleshooting ability.
- Project work that may have unit impact.
Ability to lift approximately 20 pounds.
Flexibility to cover rotating weekend duties.
Ability to grasp and manipulate objects like pipettors, flasks, and bottles.Full timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.