Scientist – Biopharmaceutical Analytical Development
Zoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses. Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines, biopharmaceuticals and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.
Zoetis discovers, develops and manufactures diverse portfolio of animal health medicines, biopharmaceuticals and vaccines designed to meet the real-world needs of veterinarians and the livestock farmers and companion animal owners they support. Zoetis has the first monoclonal antibody therapy for treating atopic dermatitis in dogs. We are currently seeking to fill new positions to support our growing biopharmaceutical portfolio.
Zoetis Veterinary Medicine Research and Development, Analytical Sciences in Kalamazoo, MI is seeking an analytical scientist at the Scientist level.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Design and conduct laboratory experiments including analytical method development, validation and transfer. Primary techniques are HPLC, ligand binding assay, cell culture, electrophoresis, spectrophotometric, and microplate assays
- Perform analytical methods necessary for the characterization and release of process and formulation samples
- Document and communicate results in laboratory notebooks, technical reports, and oral presentations.
- Collaborate with other scientists in a variety of technical disciplines including within Analytical Sciences, Process Development, Biological Research, Clinical, Regulatory, Project Management, Quality Control and Manufacturing.
- BS or MS with more than 6 years of experience in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology or a related discipline
- Good oral and written communication skills
- More than two years of industry experience in developing, validating and transferring biopharmaceutical analytical methods
- Sterile bacterial or mammalian cell culture experience
- HPLC, electrophoresis, spectroscopy method development experience
- Skills and experience in experimental design, technical problem solving and continuous improvement