Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
(Archived) Facilities / Utilities Engineer
The Facilities / Utilities Engineer manages industrial HVAC and laboratory facilities projects with a strong emphasis on energy management and sustainability. This role is key component of a broader multi-disciplinary Facilities Management Team, and is specifically responsible for performing and/or leading the following activities:
- Engages frequently with facility tenants and customers on requirements analysis related to HVAC and other site utility processes.
- Assists with life-cycle planning for utilities equipment and infrastructure.
- Performs project management, including schedule, quality and budgetary oversight of 3rd-party architectural and engineering firms, utilities companies, consultants, and specialty vendors engaged in facility design and construction projects.
- Leads project prioritization and schedule planning activities for the facilities maintenance, renovation, and sustainability projects portfolio.
- Performs facility-wide electricity, natural gas, water and sewer usage monitoring and tracking.
- Assesses energy usage for facilities equipment, systems and processes. Provides recommendations for energy reduction strategies and projects.
- Performs budgeting and tracking of utilities operating costs and capital facility investments.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field required.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a Facilities Engineer, Mechanical/Utilities Engineer, or similar role working within a large-scale lab facility or comparable environment.
- Independent thinker with strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Experience with AutoCAD, SAP, and MS Office.
- Knowledge of the building process and construction principles.
- Knowledge of relevant regulations and building codes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proven experience in writing technical project proposals, assessment reports, and executive summaries.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Proven project management skills and experience in managing construction projects involving complex, large-scale utilities systems.
- Lab-based facilities design knowledge and experience highly preferred.
- Familiarity with HVAC control software and Building Management Software is highly preferred.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View]
to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View]
In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.
Parsippany, New Jersey, United States
Zoetis discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines, vaccines and diagnostic products, which are complemented by biodevices, genetic tests and precision livestock farming. Zoetis serves veterinarians, livestock producers and people who raise and care for farm and companion animals in more than 100 countries.