This job is archived
Scientist/Senior Scientist – Analytical Chemistry
Zoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses. Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines, biopharmaceuticals and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.
Zoetis discovers, develops and manufactures a diverse portfolio of animal health medicines, biopharmaceuticals and vaccines designed to meet the real-world needs of veterinarians and the livestock farmers and companion animal owners they support. We are currently seeking an analytical expert to join our Analytical Sciences group within R&D.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Represent Analytical Sciences at project team meetings and provide analytical support for drug substance and drug product development programs.
- Design and conduct laboratory experiments including analytical method development, validation and transfer. Primary techniques are HPLC, GC, water content, dissolution testing and spectroscopy, but may include additional laboratory and instrumental methods.
- Perform analytical methods necessary for the characterization and release of drug substance and drug product.
- Design, set up, and conduct stability and other hypothesis driven studies.
- Documentation, reporting, and communication of results in laboratory notebooks, technical reports, PowerPoint presentations, and oral presentations.
- Interface with other scientists in a variety of technical disciplines including synthetic chemistry, formulation development, quality assurance, discovery, and manufacturing.
- Assist in the preparation and writing of regulatory filings.
- BS/MS in chemistry, laboratory sciences or other related discipline, at least 4-8 years industry experience preferably in the pharmaceutical industry.
- PhD in analytical chemistry or other closely related discipline, 0-2 years industry experience preferably in the pharmaceutical industry.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience in a laboratory setting, specifically conducting and developing analytical methods.
- Ability to work efficiently by organizing and prioritizing work effectively.