Senior Associate Scientist / Scientist – Biologicals Development Analytical
Zoetis Veterinary Medicine Research and Development, Analytical Sciences in Kalamazoo, MI is seeking an analytical scientist at the Senior Associate Scientist / Scientist level.
Zoetis is the largest animal health company in the world with an industry-leading research and development team. Zoetis Veterinary Medicine Research and Development, Analytical Sciences in Kalamazoo, MI is seeking an immunoassay and / or bioanalytical professional at the Senior Associate Scientist / Scientist level. This position will require a highly motivated and independent individual who can effectively collaborate with other team members to advance projects. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for the preparation and testing of biological specimens utilized in the characterization of viral and bacterial antigens supporting vaccine projects from early research through late-stage development. The scientist will help execute study protocols and will analyze and interpret scientific data. The scientist must be able to demonstrate good laboratory safety awareness, rigid aseptic technique and notebook documentation. Self-motivation, excellent problem-solving skills, and an ability to work independently and within a group are essential.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Perform analytical methods necessary for the characterization and release of active biological ingredients and therapeutic products.
* Design and conduct laboratory experiments including analytical method development, validation and transfer. Primary techniques for our biologic platform are ELISA, western blotting, SDS-Page, bioassays, PCR, flow cytometry, bacterial titrations, viral titrations, serological assay, immunofluorescence and proof of inactivation.
* Run basic analytical instruments such as plate readers, microplate washers, automated workstations etc. Perform analytical techniques upon biological specimens such as qPCR, ELISAs, bacterial and virus titrations, etc. Perform routine cell culture work in support of assay development.
* Document and communicate results in electronic laboratory notebooks, technical reports, oral / visual presentations.
* Interface with other scientists in a variety of technical disciplines including process development, formulation development, clinical operations, quality control, quality assurance, discovery, and manufacturing.
* Have a basic understanding and utilize the statistical methods employed in immunoassays.
* Partner with statistics group to design experiments and report data.
- BS/MS in immunology, bacteriology, virology, biochemistry, analytical chemistry, veterinary sciences or animal science or other related discipline, at least 3-5 years industry experience preferably in the vaccine industry.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work flexibly in a dynamic and collaborative environment.
- Biologic assay development experience
- Experience with sterile technique for cell, viral and bacterial culture.
- Skills and past experience in experimental design, technical problem solving and continuous improvement
- Experience with automated high throughput sample preparation and analytical assays
- Academic or industry experience in a laboratory setting, specifically in bacterial or viral characterization and titration.
* Experience developing, validating and transferring analytical methods for potency measurement.
* Skills and past experience in experimental design, technical problem solving and continuous improvementFull timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.