This job is archived
Senior Scientist/Principal Scientist – BioPharmaceutical Analytical Development
Zoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses . Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines, biopharmaceuticals and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.
Zoetis discovers, develops and manufacturesa diverse portfolio of animal health medicines, biopharmaceuticals and vaccines designed to meet the real-world needs of veterinarians and the livestock farmers and companion animal owners they support. Zoetis has the first monoclonal antibody therapy for treating atopic dermatitis in dogs. We are currently seeking to fill new positions to support our growing biopharmaceutical portfolio.
Zoetis Veterinary Medicine Research and Development, Analytical Sciences in Lincoln, NE is seeking an analytical scientist at the Senior Scientist/Principal Scientist level.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Represent Analytical Sciences on project teams, collaborating closely with scientists from Process Development, Biologicals Research, Clinical, Regulatory, Project Management, and Manufacturing to deliver robust methods and products.
- Design and conduct laboratory experiments including analytical method development, validation and transfer. Primary techniques are HPLC, capillary electrophoresis, spectroscopic, LC-MS/MS, and ligand binding assays.
- Perform analytical methods necessary for the characterization and release of in-process and drug product samples for vaccines and biopharmaceutical projects
- Design, set up, and conduct stability and other hypothesis driven studies.
- Develop and/or adopt new analytical technology, as appropriate, to advance programs with significant analytical technical and timeline challenges.
- Document and communicate results in laboratory notebooks, technical reports, and oral presentations.
- Collaborate with other scientists in a variety of technical disciplines including Process Development, Biological Research, Clinical, Regulatory, Project Management, Quality Control and Manufacturing.
- Assist in the preparation and writing of regulatory filings.
- Provide input into project plans, keep relevant sections of project plans current, and execute plans according to agreed timelines and budgets.
- PhD in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, or a related discipline
- Or MS with at least 5 years hands-on industry experience in protein characterization and methods development.
- Experience developing, validating and transferring biopharmaceutical analytical methods
- Pharmaceutical industry and biopharmaceutical development experience in a laboratory setting
- Skills and past experience in experimental design, technical problem solving and continuous improvement
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Experience with immunological, biochemical and physicochemical analytical techniques, with application to new biopharmaceutical development, support of biological process development, development of in-process analytical technology.
- Understanding of protein engineering and protein biophysical properties that relate to molecule stability and posttranslational modifications.
- Five years experience with biopharmaceutical development and licensure.
Knowledge of the regulatory requirements (FDA, EMA) that apply to the development of physical/chemical methods for GMP control and release of biopharmaceuticals.Full timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.