This job is archived
We are seeking formulation scientist to support development of new veterinary drug products and reformulation of existing products. The formulation scientist will be responsible for characterization of candidate molecules for the development of appropriate dosage forms for clinical and commercial needs. This is an exciting opportunity where scientist will have full ownership on formulation research in early stages as well as often late stage development. The scientist will be expected to support interdisciplinary teams of colleagues from Discovery, clinical development, safety, regulatory, marketing and global manufacturing, with technical expertise. On occasion, the scientist will be expected to lead PharSci team and bring forward the drug product, analytical methods and drug supplies for drug candidates from early discovery stage to commercialization. Working on veterinary medicine, the scientist will have opportunity to work on the development of oral, topical, parenteral and other delivery routes. The scientist will have opportunity to work on various innovative projects to tailor dosage forms based on specific need of different animal species.
- Support discovery teams with enabling formulations. Represent formulation function in early research teams; provide and implement formulation ideas for solving delivery challenges for candidate molecules.
- Conduct formulation research in the laboratory and provide PharmSci / Codevelopment team leadership when appropriate.
- Perform formulation design, research and development for compositions and manufacturing processes in laboratories.
- Research towards novel drug delivery technologies development / applications internally and/or through external partners.
- Author technical documents, reports.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- MS in Pharmacy, Pharmaceutics, Chemical Engineering or related field with 0 to 5 years in the pharmaceutical industry. PhD candidates may also apply.
- Experience in conducting pre-formulation and formulation development studies.
- Extensive knowledge of drug degradation pathways, solubilization and stabilization techniques.
- Experience with international teams, CROs/CMOs.
- Knowledge in Biopharmaceutics, Design of Experimentation and Quality by Design aspects for formulation development.
- Effective communication and leadership skills.
OTHER DESIRABLE ATTRIBUTES
- Familiarity of the Animal Health industry with experience of working with Marketing/Commercial colleagues.
- Familiarity with GMP, VICH, Pharmacopoeial, Technical and Regulatory requirements in relation to animal health product development and manufacturing.
- Familiarity with manufacturing process development, science of scale, technology transfer to pilot/commercial scale.
- Understanding of the writing CMC technical sections and supporting post approval changes.
- Understanding of packaging considerations for commercial products and primary pack screening and selection activities.
WHO WE ARE
Zoetis is the leading animal health company. Our mission is to build on a six-decade history and singular focus on animal health to bring customers quality products, services and a commitment to their businesses. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for farm and companion animals in ways they find truly relevant.
Kalamazoo, Michigan, USAFull timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.