The Senior Associate Scientist candidate will work in the Downstream Process Development group within Lab Sciences at Zoetis. They will be involved in developing processing steps for the isolation, purification, and concentration of vaccines and therapeutic proteins as well as running process characterization studies to support transfer into a manufacturing setting. They will be required to maintain appropriate documentation in support of global regulatory submissions for product licensure. They will be involved in identification and development of new technologies and will provide support to discovery, analytical, and diagnostic laboratories in the processing of small-scale preparations. They will be responsible for chromatography and filtration development, including evaluating different chromatographic modalities, dead-end and cross-flow filtration, for the optimization of viral and/or therapeutic protein production processes. They will assist with new product transfers to Biological Manufacturing sites within Zoetis.
This position is in the Bioprocess Development line with Laboratory Sciences. The Senior Associate Scientist will interact with peers and colleagues working in disciplines that include cell culture, cell line development, bacteriology, virology, formulation development, and/or bioanalytical sciences.
- Serve as company resource in viral and protein isolation and purification as it relates to manufacturing processes.
- Serve as department project team representative on cross-functional development project teams
- Provide finished oral and written communication reports to supervisor and managements
- Maintain electronic laboratory notebooks and records in accord with scientific protocol and applicable Standard Operating Procedures
- Work under Good Laboratory Working Practices to provide high quality, regulatory compliant technical documentation in support of process transfers to manaufacturing.
- Serve as a technical liaison between LabSciences-DSP group and other partner groups such as Research, Discovery, Pilot, Manufacturing, and Regulatory.
- Interact with colleagues in Pilot operations to ensure efficient technical transfer of new candidates to GMP manufacturing operations.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum: BS in Biochemistry or related field
- Desired: BS with ≥ 2 years industry experience or MS in related fieldFull timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.