This job is archived
The Senior Reliability Engineer is a key position in the development and validation of devices for the animal health industry.
This position will work as an independent contributor and technical leader in creation of new test methodologies, support of existing test plans, and objective data analysis driving greater reliability for Zoetis products.
The role is part of an engineering group working toward goals resulting from Quality Control, Engineering and Manufacturing needs. The engineer in this position will often influence the efforts of other team members during the course of a project, though no specific supervisory responsibilities are attached to the role.
The Senior Reliability Engineer will:
· Own or assist small-to-large scale reliability tests for one or more concurrent projects for products across a development cycle
· Create, then complete project test plans, analyze data, perform teardown, and assess results to deliver clear findings
· Provide detailed reports in written or verbal format for engineering, biological, and non-technical audiences
· Develop test methodology as needed to provide reliability capability
· Interact in development of engineering design, analysis and other technical requirements
· Mentor junior engineers in problem-solving, project management, and reliability planning and analysis
· Lead test and root-cause analysis for mechanical, electrical, or pneumatic subassemblies
· Write real-world usage profiles (RWUP) to compile accurate test conditions from subject-matter experts
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Required: BS in Engineering (preferred: Electrical, Mechanical, or Biomechanical) with 7+ years test engineering experience (3+ of these focused on reliability) in an electro-mechanical device development environment
Preferred: MS (Electrical, Mechanical, or Biomechanical) with 5+ years test engineering (3+ of these focused on reliability) in an electro-mechanical device development environment
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
· Strong skills in critical thinking and problem solving, planning and organizing, decision-making
· Excellent communication skills, influencing and leading, facilitation and teamwork capabilities
· Demonstrated statistics-based data analysis using packages such as Weibull++. JMP, Minitab, Python
· Verifiable knowledge of ALT, HALT, HASS or environmental testing
· Reliability engineering tools: root cause (5 why, Ishikawa diagrams), Weibull prediction, warranty estimates
· Project management through JIRA or other equivalent workflow tools
· Experience supporting review/development of statements of work, schematics, and CAD for new test hardware
· Skillset in CAD packages such as SolidWorks or AutoCAD
· Software development supporting data acquisition
· ASQ CRE or other similar certification
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
Candidate will be based in Durham, NC, working in an office or laboratory environment. Travel (<10%) to customer facilities will be required.Full timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.